Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

I just can't let it go, I guess, that you said he's intentionally trying to injure players. That's an extremely accusatory thing to say and one I think is only appropriate for very few to ever play in this league.

I think he just plays super reckless, maybe not caring about where other players are or what happens to them, but I legitimately think he's almost always trying to make basketball plays, like grabbing the ball and shielding it even if it means a collision is more likely. But do I think he goes out there with the onset of trying to knock other players out of the game with injury? Fuck no. And if he did he'd at least have one flagrant to his name by now.

Delly hasn't done anything that Winslow didn't do this season.

DurhamSon said:
I think he just plays super reckless, maybe not caring about where other players are or what happens to them, but I legitimately think he's almost always trying to make basketball plays, like grabbing the ball and shielding it even if it means a collision is more likely.

I mean, there's a reeeeal fine line there when it comes to diving at people's fucking knees. Best case, he's the clueless guy in the pickup game that plays overly physical and undercuts everyone on their layups because he doesn't know any better. But Jesus, anyone who plays a contact sport at a high level knows how big of a deal it is to roll up on someone's knee from the side, that's how you end careers. That's why it doesn't happen in the NBA... ever. I have no tolerance for that kind of shit, even if it's only negligence like you suggest.

And really, we're going to pretend like he hasn't developed a reputation as an instigator since taking on a greater role in the Cavs? And that the Gibson leg lock, Korver chop block, and Horford incidents were all just coincidences in the last couple weeks, in which poor Delly was just attacked for no reason? Give me a break.

And Zack, be a fucking prick about it if you want.

Imagine Horford didn't elbow drop Deldo...would anyone be talking about him as a dirty player? Of course not. His leg lock of Gibson is literally the only "dirty" play he's ever made. The Korver injury was an unfortunate outcome to an insanely common basketball play. Towards the end of the game last night there was a play when just about every single player dove for the ball. Are they all dirty players? No.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Dirty player Josh Smith. This guy is an elite athlete, how come he didn't avoid Howards leg? He launched himself right at him.

Last edited:
Finally saw the play in question. Basically Delladova tried to box out, got pulled down, and then Horford elbowed him with the force of Metta World Peace on James Harden. No idea how anyone could see that as dirty or a less-than-ejectable offense.

Zack, I assume you don't actually believe that knocking into the front of someone's knee is the same as launching your entire body weight into/rolling up the side of someone's leg. There's a reason one is a legal cut block in the NFL and the other is a finable offense.

And clearly I'm getting nowhere here, so I'll just say that I think you guys are taking an incredible naive view of the situation due to rooting interests. I'm sure as shit not the only one who sees it this way, and my only dog in the fight is that I'm rooting hard for Cleveland.

Carry on wih the rational, objective discussion of "Shitlanta" vs. the player who gets the least amount of calls in the history of basketball... :lol:

Why didn't Josh Smith stop himself from running into Howard's knee? Just answer that.

What a load of shit that Howard didn't get upgraded to a flagrant 2. Elbow right to the face but since it's a "star" player, no biggie.

CK86 said:
What a load of shit that Howard didn't get upgraded to a flagrant 2. Elbow right to the face but since it's a "star" player, no biggie.

(1) didn't make contact with his elbow, only his open hand
(2) was retaliatory

It could have been a flagrant 2 the way the league polices that, but it is certainly not the first time a "get off me" lash out has been left a flagrant one. The league really struggles with consistency on those "two players locked up, one tries to get away, and retaliates at being held" fouls. They constantly try to figure out intent when it is pretty much impossible to do.

As the biased Rockets fan, I feel pretty strongly that Howard was just giving Bogut a little extra while trying to extricate himself and that should be a flagrant 2 basically never when it is provoked. However, if I were a Warriors fan, I'd probably be upset that the NBA's coin flip interpretations of that call went the other way.

Also, I'd like to point out that Bogut is actually the one player still in the playoffs with a league-wide reputation as a dirty player.

So... I guess I have to root for Houston now? Will Kyrie get extra rest of they win another game or two, or is the Finals date pretty much set?

Edit: Never mind, guess it's set for June 4 regardless. Still would be good for the Warriors to be on less rest, I guess.

Actually, this has to be the worst podcast Zach Lowe has ever done. To be fair, it's mostly the other guy who sucks.

My ideal scenario is Blatt getting fired and the Cavs regressing. Unfortunately I don't think the East will allow for that scenario.

Interesting stats, from Hollinger's post-season efficiency ratings:

#1 post season offense has been... Cleveland. 108.6 per 100. GS in second with 107.8

#3 post season defense is Cleveland, allowing 98.5 per 100. GS in fourth with 99.8.

Now I know the main criticism will be that Cleveland faced worst defenses, but actually, Atlanta/Chicago/Boston are rated #1/#5/#14, while GS' opponents were #12/#7/#15.

An of course you can say those are skewed by those teams only facing eastern teams and western teams respectively, but if you look at the reg season efficiencies which were more balanced, all those East defenses were still in the top 12, while the Pelicans were near the bottom.

So this might be more interesting than we think. Could be 2015 Duke all over again, but probably not.

Those numbers are surprising. I kept hearing that Cleveland had the #1 postseason defense, and I expected their offense to have dropped off (not to have surpassed GS).

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom