Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

He's still more likely to have success driving on threes than on guards, and I don't think he'll have any issue with those guys' height, given how strong he is, and with his wingspan. I just feel like against guards, he's going to commit a shitton of charges.

If reading basketball forums has taught me anything, it's that Sean Miller should unquestionably be K's successor at Duke, because he is so much more qualified and accomplished than other possible candidates.

rome8180 said:
I'm pissed that Stanley Johnson looks so much better than Justise. I know summer league can be deceptive, but maybe the explanation for Winslow's superior college stats is that Coach K is just that much better than Miller?

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I agree that the best and most realistic thing to root for with Okafor is that he puts up 20 and 10 in any way possible. If he does that, he probably makes 10+ all star games regardless of efficiency or defense, and everyone wins except guys like Kevin Pelton, Zach Lowe and Kirk Goldsberry, who will die inside writing about the injustice.

This is genius by Hinkie by the way. Get Okafor 20 and 10 and all star bids to trade Okafor for way too much return to a franchise that is stupid and/or desperate to sell tickets. In the meantime, Okafor is helping Hinkie lose games to get more high draft picks. Okafor is basically the ideal player for the Sixers grand scheme.

Okafor really should be able to get 20 and 10 as a rookie. Okay, maybe 20 and 8.5. The question is whether there's much of a reference point for big guys putting up big numbers early and improving their efficiency as they get older. Cousins has sort of done this, by mildly improving his field goal percentage (although he still has yet to top 50% for a season, five years in), and improving his FT stroke from 69 to 78 percent. Along the way, he's become a better rebounder and shot blocker, too. Other guys, like Greg Monroe, Al Horford, Marc Gasol don't seem to have substantially improved their efficiency from what they showed as rookies.

I don't know, I thought the only thing Johnson did better than Winslow today was shoot - he just made a few impressive threes, and Winslow missed every single midrange shot he took. It's not like Johnson created any offense.

I still thought he looked great until they end of the game, when he went 0-4 on jumpers and missed a tough layup in the last several minutes. Was getting to the rim more or less at will, drawing fouls, finding open shooters for summer league airballs, and was particular effective posting up. I'd still put my homerish money on his career being better than Johnson's - just needs to get more confident shooting threes and learn not to settle for midranges like LeBron did.

I was looking at Johnson's numbers over three games so far versus Winslow's. I can't really speak to the defense or playmaking, but Johnson has been extremely efficient while Winslow has not.

Of course, he didn't seem destined to be an efficient player early in the year at Duke either.

NBAtv scroll bar talks about Jahlil's stellar Sixers debut. I'm fine with those headlines regardless of how efficient he was or wasn't.

Ah. Winslow and Johnson were matched up for the a lot of the game yesterday, which was pretty interesting. I'm sure they're replaying it on NBATV all week if you want to catch it.

I think Miami is just seeing what Winslow would look like in a Harden-like role, which would be best case scenario for them if he could actually do it. What else is summer league for?

Eager to see Tyus and Towns when Minn plays. Apparently Town was drilling threes in his shooting drills.

DrKlahn said:
I think Miami is just seeing what Winslow would look like in a Harden-like role, which would be best case scenario for them if he could actually do it. What else is summer league for?

Good point – summer league is probably a little harder to evaluate with stats, given all the experimentation and whatnot.

The most promising thing to me about Winslow is his potential to play both the Harden and the Draymond Green roles, even if he's not doing it at an All-NBA level. There's such enormous two-way value potential there, and really, he just looks like he's a jumpshot and a little experience away from being able to manage it to some extent. Given that he's barely 19, my moneys on him being an incredibly valuable player in the league for a long time.

He was pretty clearly the best player on the floor in the game I saw (Brooklyn), he just isn't shooting well at all right now.

David Lee traded for Gerald Wallace. Both contracts expire after this season so it's really just lowering the luxury tax bill for the Warriors. Good trade for the Celtics to get a big who can still play for a forward who can't.

Ugh. Okafor 2-7, but even worse 1-4 from the FT line. That makes 1-8 so far.

Getting paid millions of dollars. Can't learn to do this simple thing.

Didn't he at least shoot 55-60% from the stripe in high school? Dook big man coaches strike again

Chat users

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom