Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

dkst0426 said:
NCCUknow said:
That was fucking terrifying.

I studied abroad with good ole Stephen Miller. He was the most misogynistic, bigoted, and racist person that I have ever met in person. Also had a very high sense of self-worth. It was of no surprise to me when I found out he was working on the Trump campaign. I can only imagine the others that he has surrounded himself with.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's some fairly damning stuff in the latest leaked DNC emails. Washington Post, CNN, NY Times, etc. are all picking up on the story.

1) Journalists sent articles to DNC for their pre-approval

2) Sanders' campaign described as the "insurgency"

3) Debate about whether a Sanders staffer should be denied entrance to a Debbie Wasserman Schultz event

4) Discussion of whether to smear the Sanders campaign by painting it as "a mess"

5) Discussion of whether to smear Sanders in religious states by painting him as an atheist (in a practical sense he is, but that's not the point)

6) Top DNC official refers to Sanders' campaign as the "Bernie BS"

There's a ton more, but all in all it paints a picture of the DNC having decided their candidate from the beginning. I doubt it will affect anything except with the left (read: most young people), who already dislike and distrust her and are pissed about her pick of Kaine as a VP.

The pissed Bernie supporters will no doubt vote for Trump out of anger. Then they will be shipped off to Trump's holocaust for poor people once Trump wins.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
The pissed Bernie supporters will no doubt vote for Trump out of anger. Then they will be shipped off to Trump's holocaust for poor people once Trump wins.

No, he'll need to keep them around to mow grass and mop floors once he deports or executes all the brown people. There will be a retraining program for them, but a bill will be passed to insure that the minimum wage for jobs formerly done by brown people will be reduced to $4.00/hr, to compensate for the unskilled nature of the new workforce.

rome8180 said:
There's some fairly damning stuff in the latest leaked DNC emails. Washington Post, CNN, NY Times, etc. are all picking up on the story.

3) Debate about whether a Sanders staffer should be denied entrance to a Debbie Wasserman Schultz event

4) Discussion of whether to smear the Sanders campaign by painting it as "a mess"

5) Discussion of whether to smear Sanders in religious states by painting him as an atheist (in a practical sense he is, but that's not the point)

There's a ton more, but all in all it paints a picture of the DNC having decided their candidate from the beginning. I doubt it will affect anything except with the left (read: most young people), who already dislike and distrust her and are pissed about her pick of Kaine as a VP.

I'm surprised it wasn't worse. The party almost let a non-democrat/quasi-democrat take it over.

NCCUknow said:
rome8180 said:

I'm surprised it wasn't worse. The party almost let a non-democrat/quasi-democrat take it over.

I don't see this is damning stuff. Why would the DNC embrace an Independent who was using the party as a vehicle to run for President?

Facebook is blocking links to Wikileaks, declaring the site unsafe, Google did the same for a while, and Twitter was preventing Wikileaks-related hashtags from being listed among trending topics.

How terrible is Hillary's legacy if she manages to lose this election? She's up against the most despised candidate in history, has each of the biggest social media companies helping her to the highest reasonable degree, and had her party conspiring to take down her Democratic primary opposition.

This is like UNC's road to the title game last season, except if you replaced the mediocre teams with even lower seeds and you had the 20 years of academic fraud be more recent, implicating their current players.

You would need to be a fucking anti-charisma buffoon to lose this. If Trump wins and immediately starts calling Hillary a "LOOOSERRRRR" in his victory speech, I wouldn't even be upset. Would anyone disagree that Hillary deserves that treatment by history? Biggest loser ever.

deepdarkblue said:
I'll bet the emails that went around the RNC about Trump are worse than those.
Oh, for sure. Ironically Trump is having a field day with this.

rhfarmer said:
NCCUknow said:
rome8180 said:

I don't see this is damning stuff. Why would the DNC embrace an Independent who was using the party as a vehicle to run for President?
I wouldn't expect them to, but it doesn't change the fact that they violate the rules as currently stated.

I expect in the future the rules will be changed to prevent candidates without a certain number of years within the party from running. But as of right now they had an obligation toward impartiality and they never intended to honor it.

Of course there's this. How tone deaf can you be? To release this immediately after DWS's resignation sends a strong "I don't give a fuck about you" message to the left. With Clinton's unpopularity numbers, you'd think she'd realize that she can't afford to alienate any of her potential base.

jh5umw.jpg

I figured DWS would get some cabinet position after things settled down, but this is baffling. Given the awfulness of Trump she can afford several "fuck the base" type moves before it becomes an issue.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom