Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

Surf was really good today. Big and glassy. Water temp, 45. Caught a bunch of waves, did a lot of turns, loved it. Trump has a 100% success rate for waves on the Outer Banks during his presidency. MAGA bitches!

Trump signed an executive order already that basically neuters the ACA. The language is so vague and overarching it's terrifying. I don't think I've ever felt this bleak about the future. If you told me that in six years there were no public schools, it was no longer illegal for hospitals to refuse to treat people, that the US and Russia were allied in WWIII, and that peaceable protest had been entirely suppressed, I wouldn't be shocked.

This is not what it felt like when Bush won the first or even the second time. Maybe if I'd lived through the depression or WWII I'd have something to compare it to.

rome8180 said:
Trump signed an executive order already that basically neuters the ACA. The language is so vague and overarching it's terrifying. I don't think I've ever felt this bleak about the future. If you told me that in six years there were no public schools, it was no longer illegal for hospitals to refuse to treat people, that the US and Russia were allied in WWIII, and that peaceable protest had been entirely suppressed, I wouldn't be shocked.

This is not what it felt like when Bush won the first or even the second time. Maybe if I'd lived through the depression or WWII I'd have something to compare it to.

Reading on the executive order, it seems it's all for show and has no teeth to do anything. Just outlines a few things that they want to do.

Also, they can't help stealing other people's things

Last edited by a moderator:

'Merica!

513.jpg

Today:

1. Brings his own cheering section to his CIA speech.
2. Says he backs the CIA and the "feud" is a media concoction. Says he will back them so much, they will ask for less backing
3. Says he is smart
4. Focuses a shit ton of his speech to the CIA about the terrible media. Spoke more about that than ISIS and terrorism
5. Said there were 1.5 million at the inauguration and blames the media for the lower numbers. Talked more about this than ISIS and terrorism
6. Press secretary about to talk and they have pictures of the crowd (from behind Trump) up there so they can show the media lied about numbers of attendees.

#6 shows where we are going the next 4 years. Ratings are all that matters. He is such a thin-skinned prick. Needling him will make for some nice entertainment the next 4 years.

7. About Iraqi oil, "We should have kept the oil. Maybe we'll have another chance."

In his defense, he didn't say he's a smart person, he said he's "like" a smart person. So maybe he's just exactly like a smart person in every way except the smart part.

I eagerly await his tweets about today's protests. The smart man would say this is a beautiful example of the freedom we have in this country and that he respects all the protesters' opinions, even those he doesn't agree with. My money is on him saying something like 1) Fake media pictures, not that many people, 2) Just a buncha sore losers, 3) Those are very unattractive people and who cares what they think anyway

He justified saying that he is like a smart person by noting that his uncle was an MIT professor. This was a speech to the CIA. We elected someone with actually mental health issues.

Still waiting for those golden, presidential tweets. I'm worried he'll be too tired after the big day he's had today.

LOL< Trump will tweet about the losers littering in front of his hotel--the know the hotel with the newly violated lease.

aiw said:
5. Said there were 1.5 million at the inauguration and blames the media for the lower numbers. Talked more about this than ISIS and terrorism
6. Press secretary about to talk and they have pictures of the crowd (from behind Trump) up there so they can show the media lied about numbers of attendees.

Mercurial. See? I can use a positive adjective.

That statement was so fucking bizarre. Like what in the fucking fuck???

Those are significant issues that need addressing. Russian vote tampering, health care, jobs are not important. How many people were at the inauguration is critical.

There's nobody in charge, folks. 4 years of the substitute teacher, and not even a good one.

deepdarkblue said:
Those are significant issues that need addressing. Russian vote tampering, health care, jobs are not important. How many people were at the inauguration is critical.

Brilliant strategy though. Delegitimize the media on trivial things like this so when the shit really hits the fan they can say everyone else is lying.

America, full of racists, elected a black president out of desperation for change, and that's the only thing that gives me hope about this anti-intellectualism ending at the next election. Dems need to come up with someone reasonably charismatic and decent and they will win. The Rock, obviously.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom