Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

International Hoops Thread

torontoduke

Legend
I didn't know where else to post on this topic (maybe NBA?) so here's a thread on it.

I went to an exhibition game between Canada and Jamaica lastnight. It is a pretty exciting time for Basketball Canada, and it was nice to see a game in the former Maple Leaf Gardens. In terms of NBA ballers, Canada had Tristan Thompson, Andrew Nicholson, Joel Anthony, Cory Joseph, Kris Joseph (recently cut by Celtics). Other guys of note: Andy Rautins (plays in Europe), Brady Heslip (Baylor), Devoe Joseph (Oregon, now plays in Europe). Wiggins, Olynyk, Bennett, Sacre (and of course Nash) were not playing.

Jamaica had Pat Ewing Jr. (played pretty well) and Samardo Samuels (who I did not see lastnight even though he is on the roster).

Canada was getting their ass-kicked but came back to win. Rautins shot (and handled) really well. Thompson was great on the boards and is extremely quick around the net.

Be careful, Joh - Canadians are slowly invading Florida. Better keep your head up

Well, at least the Jamaicans can whip up on the Canucks in bobsledding.

^^^ I am really trying to work out how to embed this shit. No idea how to fix it.

Anyway, it's Dante Exum highlights. Hopefully someone on this site can fit them. Very relevant to Duke fans. Apparently he really wants to come to Duke, but I really doubt it works out. He'd enroll in spring of this upcoming season. We already have two PGs and three SGs.

Why are you guys playing in the FIBA Tournament of the AMERICAS. Last I checked, you weren't in AMERICA. You're in CANADA.

Puerto Rico destroyed Canada at the FIBA Tournament yesterday (they own us); Canada rebounded with a win over Brazil.

This is a very important tourney for Canada.

JJ Berrea & Carlos Arroyo play for Puerto Rico. A decent guard tandem.

I watched the Brazil/Canada game - Brazil is missing all of their big guns. They have a guard (Garcia) who played for the Spurs back in the day.

Karl Towns is playing for the Dominican Republic - he is a big, big kid. Will be a handful in college.

Congrats to Mexico on winning the FIBA tournament of the Americas. Surprising, but well-earned

Nice mix of a Croatian baller - highly ranked for 2014 draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30