Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

International Hoops Thread

Venezuela??? Wtf? Do they even have an NBA guy on their team or even just anyone we would know from his college career?

General Greivis Vazquez is from Vzla. although I don't believe he is playing in this tourney.

You are right - Vasquez was not playing. They were also missing Echenique who you probably remember from Creighton

Canada had too many turnovers, most of the unforced variety; There were also several poorly chosen (forced) shots.

Stauskas, Wiggins and Heslip shot really poorly from the perimeter. Conversely, Venezuela hit several big threes.

In the final seconds after a long Venezuelan shot, a Canadian player was called for a hold with 3 seconds left, sending a guy to the line. He hit 1 of 2 which was the difference in the game. Although it was in my opinion an awful fucking call (shoulda been a 'play on'), the truth is that Canada did not play well enough to win.

That makes me feel so old, although we've already been recruiting Trent Jr., and his dad played a tad later.

Yep. I played with a guy in my Thursday night pickup league last year who used to go to the same basketball camps as Rowan Barrett when they were young.

RB was a terrific national team member.

I really think his son will be a special player. It is exciting.

The most concerning part is he initially looks like he thinks he deserves some kind of explanation for what he did wrong.

Imagine how confused he must've been that the refs were letting an opposing player shoot free throws on his team's goal.

I can see getting confused on the first play of a game. I've seen people dribble toward the wrong basket after a tipoff. But how do you play 40 minutes and then forget?

No Rio for Canada. Lost to a loaded French team in the qualifiers championship game in Manila.

Canada had Tristan, so they were loaded too. Lot of guys seem to have skipped it though--what's their excuse?

Murray, Stauskas and Nicholson all had nba commitments. Not sure why Wiggins opted out.

Not making it to Rio is a big failure. No excuses.

This is that $2 million winner take all single elimination basketball tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
A member of my extended family is trying out for the Canadian under-16 team this weekend @ Ryerson University in Toronto. I am excited/nervous for him. It will be a tough field. He is a 6'1" point guard.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom