Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Movies

Wonder Woman was a B for me. Wonder Woman herself was by far the best part of the movie, as most critics have said. Chris Pine was really good in this, too, believe it or not. Never thought highly of his other work. That's enough to make it worth seeing despite a shit villain, IMO, who usually makes the movie.

I predict Justice League will be very bad, more on par with Batman vs. Superman, which I haven't even watched.

Save yourself the 3 hours and never watch Batman v Superman. It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

That said, I think you should watch it. Just so you can comment on its awfulness in detail.

ZackM said:
That said, I think you should watch it. Just so you can comment on its awfulness in detail.

Would say a detailed breakdown by SMTTEM would be the only good thing to come from that movie. God it's so bad.

The extended edition was even worse because it was a half hour longer and still sucked as much as the original.

My hope for Wonder Woman is they turn it into the female superhero version of the Bond franchise. Get a cool villain every movie, make a lot of them, and give her a new under the radar non-white hot guy every movie. She's good enough and broadly appealing enough to make this work.

I'd agree with the B rating of Wonder Woman. There were some lines that were unbelievably cheesy and the villain, while kind of a curve, was poorly done. Not bad for a night out though.

Wasn't there someone else on here who was totally sick of superhero movies and would be happy to never watch another one again? I feel like we had this convo at some point.

rome8180 said:
Wasn't there someone else on here who was totally sick of superhero movies and would be happy to never watch another one again? I feel like we had this convo at some point.

It wasn't me, but I could care less about seeing another super hero movie.

physicsfactor said:
I think that was both me and Pants

i'm on board with this too. really can't think of anything less inspiring than the avenger movies which i view as the saturated peak of this whole fucking genre.

"Wonder Woman" was great up until the third act. The villain felt like he was just thrown in there. Zero character motivation for him. The fight scenes were cool though a little too much slow mo for me. Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman remains the sole bright spot in the DC Cinematic Universe.

Rollins said:
physicsfactor said:
I think that was both me and Pants

i'm on board with this too. really can't think of anything less inspiring than the avenger movies which i view as the saturated peak of this whole fucking genre.
In general, Hollywood has gotten better and better at making "highly competent" movies. They play it extremely safe and therefore make a lot of money and please most people even while not being interesting. The Avengers movies fall in that category to me.

I know theres some here who dont like the superhero genre but damn this looks good

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got around to watching Zodiac ten years after it came out. Fucking fantastic movie.

I'm so bored. TV is so bad right now. There are no sports.

Here are the movies for the rest of the summer that interest me:

June 30 - Baby Driver (currently 100% RT; zero hype around this despite lots of big names; synopsis sounds dumb as shit, with a terrible title)
June 30 - The House (this will be more trash from Will Ferrell; almost definitely won't see)
July 14 - War for the Planet of the Apes (should be good, hopefully the end of the franchise)
July 28 - Atomic Blonde (Charlize Theron killing people)
August 4 - The Dark Tower (really hope this is not terrible, but probably will be; takes true shittiness to mess up Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey)
September 29 - Kingsman 2 (not summer but easily #1 on this list for me; will be pissed if they mess this up like Kick-Ass 2)

I went and saw Wonder Woman on Friday.
She is apparently immortal. Really takes the stakes out of any future conflict.

Baby Driver is directed and written by Edgar Wright. Edgar Wright has never done anything bad. It will be good.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
June 30 - Baby Driver (currently 100% RT; zero hype around this despite lots of big names; synopsis sounds dumb as shit, with a terrible title)
Agreed. I'll let lhys/rome watch it first and have him present his case to me before I spend time on it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom