Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

I'm pumped for The League. That show falls in this 'clever low-brow' category that's really hard to do.

It is going to be interesting to see how American Horror Story does with having new story lines each season. I like the writers a lot so I expect great things.

Thain said:
It is going to be interesting to see how American Horror Story does with having new story lines each season. I like the writers a lot so I expect great things.

Yeah, and it's my understanding that a lot of the cast will return for the second season, but it's obviously a completely different story this time. Honestly, I hated this show the first couple of episodes, then it sort of grew on me. I was hooked by the end.

I got my friend a gift of The Wire box set from work for letting me crash in his spare room. They were watching it the other night when I was hanging out.

Obviously I talk too much about The Wire. But it was really mindblowing, as always, to see how much was planted in the very first couple of episodes. D'Angelo teaches Bodie and crew to play chess in the first season, and Bodie uses a line from that scene in the fourth season when he talks to McNulty in the park.

Recently finished watching Homeland Season 1 the other day. Between this and Breaking Bad, at least i'll have something to keep me going for 5 months.

Network TV is dying more every day beyond sports.

9.79 just started on ESPN. Oughta be awesome.

Can you guys tell me what The League is about?

I am VERY into drama television. I absolutely love Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and The Walking Dead. I started on Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy over the summer, and once I catch up where both are at now I will start up Mad Men and Hell on Wheels.

Any other shows I should check out?

The league is not a drama. There's this thing called youtube.com...

Watched S02E02 of Homeland.
Thought they pulled the trigger on someone finding out about Brody a tad bit early, but I was starting to wonder how long they were going to drag out Carrie's isolated misery. It was starting to be draining.

aiw said:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/louie-hiatus-season-4_n_1951891.html

Louie going on long hiatus. Season 4, May 2014
Jeebus, that's a long time.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Watched S02E02 of Homeland.
Thought they pulled the trigger on someone finding out about Brody a tad bit early, but I was starting to wonder how long they were going to drag out Carrie's isolated misery. It was starting to be draining.

I was actually REEEALLLY glad they did that. Now Saul's in her corner. The problem I have is figuring out how Brody could POSSIBLY not get caught immediately. I mean, does Brody kill Saul before he makes others aware of the video? If I were Saul, I'd call the CIA, like, immediately.

NOD said:
I was actually REEEALLLY glad they did that. Now Saul's in her corner. The problem I have is figuring out how Brody could POSSIBLY not get caught immediately. I mean, does Brody kill Saul before he makes others aware of the video? If I were Saul, I'd call the CIA, like, immediately.

No idea. They'll have to be creative, and it'll probably be great. Big problem I have right now is that no one in a position of power cared at all about who killed Walker. You'd think the entire government would be interested in finding out how Walker died, not just some drunk Marines.

NOD said:

No idea. They'll have to be creative, and it'll probably be great. Big problem I have right now is that no one in a position of power cared at all about who killed Walker. You'd think the entire government would be interested in finding out how Walker died, not just some drunk Marines.

Meh. I would imagine they'd show some perfunctory interest, but the assumption on the gov't's part would be that whoever it was that ordered him to do this would have him killed when he fucked up.

NOD said:
Meh. I would imagine they'd show some perfunctory interest, but the assumption on the gov't's part would be that whoever it was that ordered him to do this would have him killed when he fucked up.

But that's a good reason to try to figure out who killed him. If a 3rd person joins us in talking in all spoilers, we should break out a Homeland thread.

NOD said:

But that's a good reason to try to figure out who killed him. If a 3rd person joins us in talking in all spoilers, we should break out a Homeland thread.

Wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom