Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weather Thread

I'm prepared for this thing to suck some major ass. My business flooded during Matthew, which was from 10' of rain. Seeing forecasts here for 2 feet of rain.

Over it.

This hurricane is scaring the shit out of me and I live in the triangle. Can't imagine what it's going to be like in Wilmington.

I've been through Fran, Floyd and a number of other storms. None of them scared me. This one scares me. Greg Fischel said earlier that it will likely be worst that Hazel. Jim Cantore also arrived here today.

I'm prepared for this thing to suck some major ass. My business flooded during Matthew, which was from 10' of rain. Seeing forecasts here for 2 feet of rain.

Over it.
You aren't staying are you?

If it stays on track coming in directly from the east-southeast, there's going to be some major coastal flooding in NC. I'm just hoping something happens to knock down the winds a little.

Im supposed to fly to Chicago on Friday morning. I have no idea how Im gonna get there before Saturday. I need this storm to slow the fuck down or preferably turn back to sea.

This seems bad:

hurricane-florence-tracking-map-promo-1536673849664-threeByTwoSmallAt2X-v7.png

North of Wilmington is fine by me. Ideally it wipes out the festering cesspit known as Jacksonville, NC.

There are some really weird GFS and Euro model runs happening right now--Flo stalling right off the NC/SC border, then retrograding parallel to the coast before making landfall near Charleston. Then moving inland followed by a counter clockwise loop and emerging offshore again off the Carolinas.

Pretty much spent my entire workday refreshing a Twitter list following this forecast. It has been fucking wild.

There are some really weird GFS and Euro model runs happening right now--Flo stalling right off the NC/SC border, then retrograding parallel to the coast before making landfall near Charleston. Then moving inland followed by a counter clockwise loop and emerging offshore again off the Carolinas.

Latest forecasts suck. Some models now have it coming in as far south as Charleston, SC, and most models indicate it's going to make landfall and then stall for days. At least one model looks like a replay of Hurricane Hugo, which trashed the Charleston/Georgetown, SC area and ended up smacking Charlotte.
A friend of mine yesterday loaded up his wife, kids, elderly parents, cats, dog and headed out for Rock Hill. He told me another friend had offered them use of a condo in Boone, but he didn't think it was necessary to go that far. Heh.
I knew a lot of people back during Hugo who evacuated Wilmington and fled to "safety" in Charlotte, where they got to endure days of no electricity and weren't able to get back to Wilmington for I don't even know how long. Things like that make evacuation decisions problematic. I've never evacuated but based on my years of witnessing others always picking the wrong destinations, I think if I did, it would be to somewhere west of the mountains.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom