Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Let me be the first on this board to say Jokic is the best player in the league and it’s not close. Won MVP and still the most underrated player as well.

You've got Embiid playing at an All-NBA level. He's 27. Does anyone seriously think he holds up past 31 or so? Seems monumentally stupid to waste a year of his prime out of stubbornness.

It's like Morey has a Kia Sorrento and he's trying to sell it for $50K. Since no one's biting at his ridiculous asking price, he's decided to take the bus.

In other news, here is Darius Garland over his last three games (all wins). The Cavs are now 1.5 games out of 1st in the East. Garland, Mobley, and Jarrett Allen have completely turned the franchise around. They've dealt with tons of injuries too, so it's not just health luck.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 5.39.33 PM.png

Nuggets-Clippers game was amazing. Glad I caught the 4th and OT. Anyone who doesn't think Jokic is the best player in the league right now either hasn't checked a statsheet recently or isn't watching the games. He should be appealing to both the numbers and eye test crowds.

The fact that he's only tied for 3rd best MVP odds is a travesty.

Last edited:
Not a lot of feel-good Pelicans stories, but this had some positivity to it. Alvarado annoyed the fuck out of me at Georgia Tech, but struck me as a guy I'd pull for hard if he'd been on my team.

His NBA play hasn't been that remarkable (he can't shoot well) but it's nice for a rookie point guard to have 28 assists and 18 steals on the year against only 4 turnovers.

They also beat the Lakers, not that that's saying much. But nice road trip for them.

The Warriors without Green kind of suck, but yeah, that's terrible.

As for the Pelicans, they've actually been pretty solid since their terrible 1-12 start. They seem to play hard and enjoy playing with each other. And they found a gem in Herb Jones. 50/40/80 shooting splits. Doesn't take bad shots. Plays incredible defense.

Look at this run of efficiency lately:

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 11.47.50 AM.png

Grayson with the flagrant II tonight, play-by-play guy brought up his time at Duke multiple times while the referees reviewed the tape. Van Gundy (J) agreed with the foul but kinda defended Grayson ("we all did stupid stuff in college").

Tatum is 0-17 from three over his last three games. What happened to the dude who was shooting 40% on sidestep jumpers for multiple seasons? You can't blame the rule change or defensive attention for this.

Low key, Kevin Love needs to be in 6th man of the Year convos. His OBPM is 6.3, which is the 2nd highest of his entire career. His per 36 numbers would be 23 pts and 12 reb. He's shooting 40% from three on 6 attempts in only 21 minutes.

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30