Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

I thought the Covington move was good at the time, so I'm not going to knock it too much. I will, however, knock the equivocation that caused them to hang onto him for too long and lose him for basically nothing in the end. Should they have brought him back? No. Could they have gotten much more for him at this point? Maybe not. But they're the ones who let it get to this point.
In theory, this is spot-on, and I think it's the right level of nuance. In practice, though, I'm not sure what the best time would have been to get rid of him. The original trade was only 15 months ago, and he was not-that-great for all of the 2020-21 season. I wonder if they didn't really have any good offers over the summer.

Last edited:
True. Not a huge time frame there. However, I'm skeptical that Covington has really torpedoed his trade value so much that they couldn't have gotten more for him with a full year on his contract. He was everyone's favorite 3 and D wing just a few years ago.

Heck, even right now I'm surprised there weren't better offers. The best players potentially available at the deadline are Jerami Grant and Eric Gordon. Admittedly, Gordon is having one of his best seasons ever.

Right now, I don't think his value is high at all, though. Now he's a 31-year-old guy with an eFG% of .499 whose contract is up in 30 games.

I'd say the market for that is teams that are really pushing to contend this year but have to plug an injury hole at a forward spot.

Everything becomes much more interesting if they make the deal. Would have to be more stuff coming from the Sixers, and if the more stuff includes Curry and Maxey, the Nets will be the rare team that gives up the best player in the deal but still becomes significantly better. I know Morey is going to say he won’t trade Maxey, but this is such a ridiculously transparent bluff, given he absolutely needs to get more than zero production out of Simmons’ cap space to win a title.

Irving (post-COVID protocols)
Curry
Maxey
Durant
Simmons

This would probably be the best plus/minus lineup in the league. The defense wouldn’t be spectacular but it’s hard to be bad defensively with Simmons and Durant out there.

Harden
Green
Thybulle
Harris
Embiid

This is fine, though I kinda hate all of this. 2 S-tier players, assuming Harden is motivated. No one else has that this season, except maybe the defunct Lakers.

That Sixers lineup doesn't look nearly as potent without Curry. I think he actually could fit really well offensively next to Harden, although defensively that may be a disaster.

If the Nets can get two pre-peak young starters that are cheaper for Harden (like Maxey/Simmons), I'd go for that with one or two Philly first-round picks. The Nets are depleted there, and Philly has nearly all of their own picks going forward. Maxey/Simmons/Cam Thomas/Kessler Edwards gives you a core of guys that can develop around the vets.

I could see that. My concern is that at this point in their careers, Patty Mills and Seth give you pretty much the same thing -- fantastic scoring on volume threes, solid playmaking/caretaking, and sub-standard D.

Harris (if healthy) and one of them might be better to hold onto than pairing the two of them. I think Kyrie-Maxey-Harris is a better perimeter for them than Kyrie-small guard-Maxey.

For purely selfish reasons, though, it'd be great to see Kyrie and Seth re-united in the most offensively efficient backcourt in the league.

Khris Middleton being picked as a reserve is stupid. I guess we've arrived at the conclusion that not only are the players and fans stupid, the coaches are stupid too.

I'm not saying he isn't good. But there are several players more deserving or more worth watching. This is one place where the fans would have gotten it right and not overthought it. LaMelo Ball is the clear pick even if his efficiency is a bit worse.
Didn't he only make it because there is a minimum of three frontcourt players on the bench, though? I would've had Jarrett Allen in over him, but I don't think he and LaMelo/Jrue were competing for the same spot.
Maybe? Last I heard, there's a ton of ambiguity around whether the coaches are paying attention to position at all when selecting the reserves.

I just listened to the No Dunks podcast -- these are guys that have been podcasting on the NBA for 15+ years and had their own NBATV show. They mentioned preferring Ball or Holiday. There was no mention of any positional requirement (though they did discuss the fuzzy guidelines on a previous episode). At the minimum, I know there are a couple wild card spots. Do you have a link to any clear voting rules?
I don't know the exact rules either, I heard the voting rules I was citing on a podcast myself. (Game Theory, maybe?)

Harden remains the most overrated "great" player in the history of the league.

I'm not a Nets fan, but they have had a shitstorm of things not go in their favour. One self-generated issue and lots of bad luck.

If Philly is the destination, Harden will thrive there, IMO

The fact that there is someone here calling Harden the most overrated great player only proves that he's the most underrated great player.

One of the greatest scorers in the history of basketball. And a better player than many of the shooting guards who are ranked above him on all-time lists.

Harden remains the most overrated "great" player in the history of the league.

I'm not a Nets fan, but they have had a shitstorm of things not go in their favour. One self-generated issue and lots of bad luck.

If Philly is the destination, Harden will thrive there, IMO

He quit in Houston and now he's quitting for Brooklyn. He'll do the same thing in Philly, put up big numbers but then quit once adversity hits. He's done it his entire career.

Turned Lakers game off when they were up 110-103 with 1:17 left. Come to find out, the Knicks tied the game up and now they're in overtime. What the fuck happened?

These are the non-R.J. Barrett guards the Knicks played tonight.

Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 11.31.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-05 at 11.31.11 PM.png

Cam Reddish isn't even that good, but he's as good as Fournier and better than these other four fucks.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back
Top Bottom