Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Eternal Feats of Strength Thread

I saw that. Fucking hilarious and an accurate account of my experience.

Bowled a 277 tonight. 8-spare in the 6th frame, XX9 in the 10th, everything else strikes. Probably the closest I'll ever get to a perfect game.

I'm going to assume you are just naturally gifted at bowling because I harshly judge anyone who bowls enough to get that good at it.

Judge away... I was in a league in high school and started back up a couple months ago after almost 15 years. So I bowl once a week now.

Nice job, DukeNuke.

I am a lousy bowler myself, but I am pretty happy that our 6 year old daughter has taken to bumper bowling. Good times.

physicsfactor said:
Do you own your own ball/bag/shoes? Do you wear a wrist protector?
I have worn a wrist guard before, but not in many, many years.

Ball/bag/shoes is a no brainer if you join a league. House balls aren't reactive and won't hook. Different brands have different cores that affect the hook.

My average was around 170 when I bought a new ball a month ago. Averaging 200+ with the new ball right now (hope it lasts, will probably even out around 180s). I got an expensive ball. My old ball (~14yo ball) was nice once upon a time, but it was cracking and my fingers changed.

I've had my bowling shoes for over 15 years. I spent maybe $20 on them. That pays for itself fast. I should by new ones though since they're rather worn out.

Did the Cooper River Bridge Run today. 40,000 people in a 10K race is nuts. Running up a giant bridge is also nuts.

aiw said:
Did the Cooper River Bridge Run today. 40,000 people in a 10K race is nuts. Running up a giant bridge is also nuts.

I talk about doing it every year but I never do. My sister in law that does says the crowd is ridiculous trying to go up the bridge. I would probably punch someone.

There was enough space for the most part. A couple times I had to look behind before "switching lanes" to pass someone.

i'm a reluctant runner through spartan races. i hate the running portion though, running just sucks.

Pulled a hamstring in flag football, will likely never run again.

Just threw my back out trying to lift a bag full of demo'd plaster. It hurts to breath.

Been doing a HIT class 3 days a week for about a month. Never knew flutter kicks could take a man down so hard...

Bowled a 643 (222, 242, 179) in our playoffs to take my team to the championship game next week. Hoping to become repeat champs (and win about $450).

I played pickup today to get ready for our basketball season starting sunday. Of course, the day I go to the gym for noon ball, fucking Melvin Scott is there.

I outscored him and then they pushed me off the court for one of their friends.

Chat users

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 1
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back
Top Bottom