Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Eternal Feats of Strength Thread

lol @ TheRagingCHS

jesus.

Anyway, I tweaked my lower back squatting in the gym on Monday. It was super sore but each day I've been regaining flexibility and the pain has been reducing. I can almost fully bend over now, which is better than being unable to bend at all Monday.

I'm trying to get back into the gym as soon as possible to get some blood running through the injury, whatever it is.

You know you can do bodyweight squats at your house. Might be smart to do some with perfect form to test your back before using weights again.

lol @ TheRagingCHS

jesus.

Anyway, I tweaked my lower back squatting in the gym on Monday. It was super sore but each day I've been regaining flexibility and the pain has been reducing. I can almost fully bend over now, which is better than being unable to bend at all Monday.

I'm trying to get back into the gym as soon as possible to get some blood running through the injury, whatever it is.
Probably a weak lower back and/or core. Wear a belt to stabilize your core and work on strengthening the lower back with hyperextensions and some Romanian deadlifts.

Probably bad form.

Yeah, I record all of my sets in the gym. My lower back started rounding right at the bottom of my squat.

I'm not sure how to fix this other than to stretch. If I over extend my lower back that will make a potential injury worse, imo.

It's hard to know without watching your form. Take a video of yourself squatting, from the side, so you can see what you need to work on. Post it here, people seem pretty knowledgeable so we might be able to help you out.

Try a low bar squat if you’re having issues with rounding at the bottom.

As of today I'm down to 185 lbs after hitting ~215 three months ago. People keep asking me what I'm doing to lose weight and then are befuddled when I say that I'm eating less food.

As of today I'm down to 185 lbs after hitting ~215 three months ago. People keep asking me what I'm doing to lose weight and then are befuddled when I say that I'm eating less food.
I got ridiculed on this board for saying eat fewer calories than you burn in order to lose weight.

Aging and weight is a funny thing as a naturally leaner male. I feel like it's generally better for me to be slightly fatter and stronger so that I can navigate the world in the category of "generally large man" rather than "tall gangly guy". I assume this is a stupid American thing.

I've gained close to twenty pounds in the last couple of years, and it's been a fun ride. Feel like I might just keep it going until I reach full on Fat Mac or Beefcake Cartman status.

I got ridiculed on this board for saying eat fewer calories than you burn in order to lose weight.
Yeah, that was me. But I was just being an asshole.

My weight fluctuates seasonally. I'm in my lean, jacked phase right now. I will get progressively thinner until October, at which point I will get seasonal affected disorder and start getting fat again.

My fat, unhealthy self coincides with Duke basketball season. Causation or correlation?

Terry Fox run was this morning. Nature cooperated just long enough to let folks finish relatively rain-free.

There is an ocean of great causes and charities to contribute to, but the TF Foundation is at the top of our family's list.

Terry was the best.

www.terryfox.org

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back