Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pets

I actually have my mom's dog for a year because she went to Ecuador. Thank god for podcasts, because it definitely makes walking him a nice little activity rather than a chore. I walk him three times a day, even though I'm sure I could get away with two.

He's sweet, but he stinks no matter how often he's bathed. His name is Delly (after "Delano" for FDR). He was shot in the leg by a horrible human before my mom got him. His owner didn't shoot him, but she was happy to just let him die. People suck.

I'm sure I'll come to love him because I love animals.

Delly.jpeg

My ex just messaged me this morning to say one of the cats we got together had died. She was only six. I cannot describe how sweet this cat was. We got her together with her sister. Whenever people talk about cats being aloof, I wish I could introduce them to these cats. They would literally crawl up on a stranger's lap the minute they walked into the house. The one who died would let you pick her up and hold her for as long as you wanted without ever squirming or trying to get down. She loved having her belly rubbed.

My ex doesn't know why she died. She did have a tumor on her lip years ago when she was maybe 1-2 years old. So I was always a little worried about her health after that. But apparently she was doing fine even last night. Since my ex moved to the country, the cats became outdoor cats. I wonder if she ate something poisonous.

That sucks, six is way too young. She sounded like my seal point siamese who died in 2021. She loved nothing more than being held and sleeping on your lap (and by my shoulder in bed). Never once hissed, growled, or swatted at any human. She was also extremely loud and talkative. I still miss her.

My ex just messaged me this morning to say one of the cats we got together had died. She was only six. I cannot describe how sweet this cat was. We got her together with her sister. Whenever people talk about cats being aloof, I wish I could introduce them to these cats. They would literally crawl up on a stranger's lap the minute they walked into the house. The one who died would let you pick her up and hold her for as long as you wanted without ever squirming or trying to get down. She loved having her belly rubbed.

My ex doesn't know why she died. She did have a tumor on her lip years ago when she was maybe 1-2 years old. So I was always a little worried about her health after that. But apparently she was doing fine even last night. Since my ex moved to the country, the cats became outdoor cats. I wonder if she ate something poisonous.

I was hoping for more lap and less cat.

Our good friends have a cat that only likes them but hates their 8-year-old son and every other human. I’ve been to their house I would imagine close to 100 times, and I’ve never seen the cat because it won’t come out if anyone else is around. My wife and kids have seen it, and they say it hisses and runs away. Those are the kind of pets that I don’t understand why people have them.

I’m definitely a dog person over cats, but I agree that the time commitment to a dog has made it not worth having one since my last one, Zoubek, died. I probably won’t have another until we’re retired and living out in the country.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back