Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Food and Alcohol

"Captain's" table at the Angus Barn is right on.

2 person table in the kitchen. You eat whatever courses are being served to the dinner in the wine cellar. We had a 5 course meal last night with wine pairings and tip included for $110/pp.

Very nice time for special occasions.

Also, went to Lonerider Brewery beforehand. It was right down the street. The beers I tried were good (tried things that weren't Shotgun Betty or Sweet Josie Brown as I've already had and like those).

In other news, I ended up having to take a mid-day work shit (never happens) and passed out on the couch for an hour when I got home earlier today.

Currently eating some peanut butter out of a jar. Jif Natural, creamy.
Thought about adding some cocoa, and honey. Seems like too much trouble.
I may be slightly high.

Best grapes I've had in years tonight. deep, you gotta try the Teeter naturals creamy, dawg.

Made a switch from the usual Trader Joe's cookie butter to the crunchy version. I don't know if there's a Trader Joe's product I wouldn't endorse.

Started cooking with duck fat. That shit is so fucking good. I have now done everyone from searing filet's with it to cooking vegetables. Best part about it is that it's on the same level as olive oil so it's not super bad for you.

Someone on twitter is saying that the Chubby's on 9th street suddenly closed. I hope this is not true.

Actually pretty happy about the Waffle House. Less happy about all the chains on the other side of the street. Same thing happened to Franklin years back. Now the main strip near campus is nothing but generic bullshit.

Alpaca is a local chain though, so that's OK with me. What other chains are there now?

I guess Tijuana Flats closed? Damn, that was brief. There's Panera, Subway, and Jimmy John's (though that's been on 9th for a long time). In general, even the more "local" things on that side of the street have more of a Southpoint corporate vibe than longterm establishments like Banh's, Blue Corn, Francesca's, etc.

By the way, is the Waffle House 24 hours? It had just opened last time I was there and I didn't get a chance to go.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom