College Basketball Recruiting

Pitino may be fired by tomorrow. L'Ville will be shit this year, and UNC, who plays them on the road, will luck out yet again in scheduling.

The AD will probably be gone as well.

Pitino IMO has always been a fabulous coach, but holy F did he let the off-court stuff go sideways. He should have been fired once the hooker scandal was confirmed.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out over the next several months, or even the next few years. I've got to believe that every college HC called in all assistants yesterday and told them not to hand out so much as a tissue.
Will we see a shift in what schools certain recruits are interested in? I'm sure on the other side there'll be a move away from some recruits, the ones with the blatant demands for payment.
I think this will be a unique year in college basketball and I'm interested in seeing it play out.

I don't buy that 50 D1 schools (and honestly, probably the majority of power 5 schools) had assistant coaches steering players towards agents while getting bribes from agencies.

I don't know how to embed tweets, but someone named Michael Eaves (@michaeleaves) is saying this could be "HUGE." "Much bigger than assistants implicated"

Surely we are in the clear, right?
With the new board software, you just need to paste a link to the tweet, Axe. Not that difficult.

Kind of amazing:

cotd927.png

Kind of amazing:

cotd927.png
A decent portion of UofL's revenue in recent years has been the result of its unbalanced deal with the Yum Center. UofL has been pocketing millions and turning relatively little over to the arena authority, which is mired in deep construction debt. Just a couple months ago they restructured the deal somewhat so that UofL athletics has to pay a few million more to the authority each year.

Reactions: bdotling
I'm seriously wondering how the shoe companies measure their return on investment of all the shady shit they do and how they decide how much of their budget to allocate toward that.

Reactions: TS9
Until we see absolute proof that Duke won't find itself mixed up in all this, I will assume that Duke will find itself mixed up in all this.

Until we see absolute proof that Duke won't find itself mixed up in all this, I will assume that Duke will find itself mixed up in all this.

Agree. I love Duke and K but am not naive enough to believe we're clean. It seems like the entire system is going to come crashing down now that the nukes are flying

This is not Newell's actual account.

Thanks. Deleted. I don't even know who Newell is.

I'm seriously wondering how the shoe companies measure their return on investment of all the shady shit they do and how they decide how much of their budget to allocate toward that.

Just guessing, but I assume it's essentially gambling on a player's future earnings/marketablilty. Some players obviously will underperform in the long run, but the ones who become superstars probably more than pay for the ones who don't.

Louisville commits are decommitting too fast for me to keep up. My best guess, if they had previously committed, they aren't any longer.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil