College Basketball 2018-19

Keatts really is a good coach. His roster is garbage. I don’t understand how they are any good other than coaching. Going to be embarrassing losing to them again.

Reactions: rome8180
Keatts really is a good coach. His roster is garbage. I don’t understand how they are any good other than coaching. Going to be embarrassing losing to them again.
I have accepted it and will probably not watch the game because of it.

Duke is second from the right. Sperger is great, especially compared with the rest of college basketball analysis, but he always seems to forget one last important step. I'd like to see this graph adjusted for pace. Duke games involve almost 9% more possessions than Syracuse games, for example, so I figure Syracuse's dot would be right in line with Duke's for press frequency.

The Bulldogs feature two New Yorkers, equaling the number of scholarship Hoosiers. On this team, Butler would not be Butler without city swagger.

...Neither “Paulie” nor “J-Tucks” chose Butler out of high school, ending up in Indianapolis via transfer.

...You’ll hear more about “point gahds” in New York than about the picket fence. Jorgensen said teammates tease him about his wardrobe, specifically UGG boots

Is Indy like the most small-town big city in the country or something?

The Bulldogs feature two New Yorkers, equaling the number of scholarship Hoosiers. On this team, Butler would not be Butler without city swagger.

...Neither “Paulie” nor “J-Tucks” chose Butler out of high school, ending up in Indianapolis via transfer.

...You’ll hear more about “point gahds” in New York than about the picket fence. Jorgensen said teammates tease him about his wardrobe, specifically UGG boots

Is Indy like the most small-town big city in the country or something?

SUCH swagger. They look the swaggiest.

Ugg got off the ground in the US in surf shops back in the 90's. Then they came to their senses and started selling in Macy's and Nordstrom.

But, Ugg used to run full page ads in Surfing and Surfer back in the day, showing babes and Bros surfing.

fwLmj4

Duke is second from the right. Sperger is great, especially compared with the rest of college basketball analysis, but he always seems to forget one last important step. I'd like to see this graph adjusted for pace. Duke games involve almost 9% more possessions than Syracuse games, for example, so I figure Syracuse's dot would be right in line with Duke's for press frequency.

Luke Winn wrote a piece about this back in 2014. I am sure he did adjust for pace. It's not the press specifically that isn't sustainable. Teams that are reliant on turnovers for offense don't typically fair well in the tournament.

Not great news for Duke. But I'm sure that team that shoot poorly from three and the line also don't fair well. So if we win it, we'll be going against the odds on several levels.

Conclusions from last night’s games are that Louisville (loss to Pitt) and Miami (now 0-3 in the ACC) are not good.

You already knew this, but both play UNC 2x this year.

Yeah I'm moderately confident about playing UVa at Cameron, but the road game and anything after that ... I just dunno.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil