Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2018-19

Looking forward to it! This is Duke’s year!

Some will leave, but hypothetically, I think Nova could bring its entire team back. They don’t play any seniors, so they?

Looking forward to it! This is Duke’s year!

Some will leave, but hypothetically, I think Nova could bring its entire team back. They don’t play any seniors, so they?

They could. But Bridges is a lotto pick and it’s been reported he’s gone. You wouldn’t think Brunson would come back for a fourth year with two national titles plus a POY to his name. That’s two of Kenpoms top 10 players.

I do think they are actually still a top 5 team having lost those two but they’re probably not the best team.

I’ll be rooting for Villanova, in part so that it makes Brunson more likely to leave.

Yeah, I was joshin. They will lose some guys. Think Spellman should be a late first rounder. He’ll have a long NBA career.

Our defense may suck. That's my bigger concern. I think the shooting will be fine. It always is, just like the offense is always top 10.

Also, being favored in every game tells you nothing. We were probably favored in all but two games this last year.

I'm not saying we'll be bad. We just should be ranked more around #7 or #8. Expect 6+ losses and be pleasantly surprised if that doesn't happen.

We don't need a post, we need shooting. We needed shooting this year and we
still need it.

I think we had enough shooting this year between Allen/Trent Jr, I just think that with the two big line-up we weren't getting a lot of rhythm three's.

Yeah I probably should've been clearer in my use of "gross" – I meant it more as relative to the lofty Duke-specific expectations than in a general sense. It would require significant injuries and/or a couple guys being major busts in order to truly be bad. But I do think there will be plenty of rough patches, especially early, and the ACC likely will be a pain in the ass again. Seems fully reasonable to expect six or seven losses at minimum, which would presumably put us right back in the low 1-seed/high 2-seed territory that's become so familiar lately.

Related note: Have the ACC's 2018-19 home/away matchups been announced yet? I just tried to look but couldn't immediately find them.

The biggest issue we had with shooting was we had nowhere to go if both Allen and Trent were cold. Duval, while much improved at the end of the season, was an unreliable shooter. And at some point K quit trusting AOC.

It played out that way in the tourney. Allen and Trent had tough shooting nights and we got bounced.

The biggest issue we had with shooting was we had nowhere to go if both Allen and Trent were cold. Duval, while much improved at the end of the season, was an unreliable shooter. And at some point K quit trusting AOC.

It played out that way in the tourney. Allen and Trent had tough shooting nights and we got bounced.

Looking back on it, we managed to win the title in 2015 while making four or fewer threes in three of the four games in the Sweet 16 and beyond, surviving some cold shooting nights from our guards.

Utah - 3/9
Gonzaga - 8/19
MSU - 2/10
Wisconsin - 4/11

We had more long-distance threats in 2015, though. Winslow, Matt Jones, and Grayson were all capable of hitting 3s when Tyus/Cook were off, and I think teams respected them more than Duval, Carter or Bagley from long range (despite the latter two shooting a decent % on threes).

Just find this interesting to analyze. Teams will definitely respect Jones more than Duval next year, but we will need at least two other guys who can hurt opponents from deep on any given night. Hopefully Reddish, Barrett, and AOC are good enough to provide that.

Not worried about the shooting.

Tre
RJ
Cam
Zion
AOC

I expect all of those guys to be mid 30's or better. Trent back would give us one of the best shooters in the country. Most thought Bagley and Carter would be shit shooters but they were way better than expected.

Gilgeous-Alexander announcing tomorrow and Knox tomorrow or Wednesday.

Gotta figure both are gone.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom