College Basketball 2018-19

All sucker bets, but if I had to pick one for value, it would be Gonzaga at 20-1. The two seniors they're losing played a lot of minutes, but they look completely replaceable on paper. Gonzaga has somehow become the destination school for giant foreigners who want to play basketball.

The French 6-10 sophomore, Killian Tillie, seems to be a monster already and will probably be ridiculous next season as a junior in a bigger role. Everything you want in a college PF.

The Danish 6-10 freshman, Jacob Larsen, redshirted this season and I assume Few will get some good use out of him next season.

The Serbian 6-11 incoming freshman, Filip Petrusev, looked like a great 3pt shooting center alongside RJ Barrett in high school, and I assume he will look as good as Zach Collins against WCC competition.

The Japanese 6-8 sophomore, Rui Hachimura, doesn't seem all that great on paper for a SF/PF. He'll probably bulk up and play center for them, where his stats would look a lot better.

They will have Greg Foster's son, a PG, coming in next season, though he's not highly regarded.

It's hard not to root for Gonzaga if you're a liberal snowflake.

PJ Washington just declared without an agent.

Great news. If they lose Knox/Shai/Diallo and Washington they are in the same spot they were this season. 5-6 seed, will struggle during the regular season. They will have a little more shooting next year, but they won't have a single go to offensive player, and they will be big as shit but incapable of efficiently scoring in the post.

Washington would have been really good next year and given them legitimate scoring in the post, so that's a huge gut punch for them.

If they lose PJ then I think they lose Vandy as well. Diallo is gone, as Son said, he's hellbent on going. For some reason I think Cal either convinces PJ, Vandy, Shai and Knox to come back$ or they all go. Don't know why but I think it'll be all or nothing.

I think Knox could move his draft stock up next year but honestly, I think Shai is maxed out and he'd be stupid not to go. I don't think there's really anything he can improve on to move up higher.

All sucker bets, but if I had to pick one for value, it would be Gonzaga at 20-1. The two seniors they're losing played a lot of minutes, but they look completely replaceable on paper. Gonzaga has somehow become the destination school for giant foreigners who want to play basketball.

The French 6-10 sophomore, Killian Tillie, seems to be a monster already and will probably be ridiculous next season as a junior in a bigger role. Everything you want in a college PF.

The Danish 6-10 freshman, Jacob Larsen, redshirted this season and I assume Few will get some good use out of him next season.

The Serbian 6-11 incoming freshman, Filip Petrusev, looked like a great 3pt shooting center alongside RJ Barrett in high school, and I assume he will look as good as Zach Collins against WCC competition.

The Japanese 6-8 sophomore, Rui Hachimura, doesn't seem all that great on paper for a SF/PF. He'll probably bulk up and play center for them, where his stats would look a lot better.

They will have Greg Foster's son, a PG, coming in next season, though he's not highly regarded.

It's hard not to root for Gonzaga if you're a liberal snowflake.

Hachimura is showing up on draft boards.

I feel like Syracuse is good value at 60/1. They bring back that whole team plus two recruits, one of which is a good point guard. They will be improved.

I feel like Syracuse is good value at 60/1. They bring back that whole team plus two recruits, one of which is a good point guard. They will be improved.

Yeah if Battle doesn’t go pro I would agree with this. But they also lost that five star last week.

I would still consider them value. They will be better than they were this past season if everyone returns. They will be all a year older, the zone should be even better, the returnees should be coming back at least a little more developed offensively. They will also be adding two more scholarship players, putting them at 9, which is huge for depth considering they literally had 7 scholarship players this past season.

Their two commits are Buddy Boeheim, and 4-star PG Jalen Carey. He is really good and has some alpha in him, I think just as far as the offense goes it will help them a ton to be able to slide Battle off ball and someone capable of being the point guard.

If they had the Bazley kid coming in I thought Syracuse was a top 10 team, but it wasn't mean to be for them.

From Kentucky Sports Radio:

John Calipari is famous for encouraging his players to chase their NBA dreams, to the point that he jokingly kicked De’Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, and Bam Adebayo off the team after last season. According to a new report from Kyle Tucker, that was not the case with Kevin Knox.

Knox’s father told Tucker that Calipari pitched Kevin on the idea of returning to Kentucky for another season to better prepare for the NBA (requisite reminder that Knox is one of the youngest players in the country). Currently, Knox is projected to go anywhere from tenth to fifteenth in the lottery, but Calipari believes his stock can get even higher with another year of school.

“He said, ‘Man, we want you to come back, but at the end of the day, if you end up leaving, we will not have been able to see the best of Kevin Knox in Lexington,'” Knox Sr. told SEC Country. “That is yet to come if you decide to leave.’ ”

A bunch of these UK freshmen are going to end up staying around and the same will probably be true next year. What’s sad is that as K/Duke is getting attention for having overtaken Cal in recruiting, Cal's classes are now being peppered with enough potential 2-3 year guys that they're going to end up in excellent shape going forward. Kind of a desirable hybrid between the new K OAD model and the Roy model of the last few years (lower talent, 4 year-careers).

I don't think Cal likes losing to K in recruiting and I don't think this was at all intentional. But he's going to fall backwards into success.

Reactions: TBC and bdotling
I mean, Cal isn't ever going to see the best Kevin Knox in Lexington. The best Kevin Knox will be in the NBA.

That's one of the dumbest pitches I've ever seen.

Now that he realizes he's not winning like fans expect, he's not so into "putting his players first."

I thought he said, "When you have these guys get drafted to the NBA it's just like winning a national championship".

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil