Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2018-19

Like Villanova finally did, I think UVA will break through in the tournament eventually.
I think it'll be next year. They really aren't losing much and bring in 2 four star recruits.

Jerome 6'5 sr
Guy 6'2 sr
Hunter 6'7 jr
Key 6'8 sr
Diakite 6'9 sr
Bench
Clark 5'9 so
Morsell 6'2 fr
Shedrick 7' fr
Huff 7'1 jr

Obviously Hunter could go pro but I bet they luck out and he doesn't. That team will be filthy.

UVA is steamrolling bad teams who have no answer for perfect fundamental basketball, like the Bo Ryan Wisconsin teams. SOS is #163. We learn much more about them coming up, at Clemson and vs. VT before Duke. After that, they will beat Wake by 50 and ND by 30, but then we get to see what the ultimate speed-up press team does to them at NC State. Probably nothing. @dub_seahawks

UVa is looking like a monster.
Since UVA doesn't seem to turn the ball over, my nightmare scenario for those UVA games is RJ taking a bunch of stupid off-balance jumpers resulting in quick, unproductive possessions. The tempo is going to be way too slow for wasted possessions. I don't want Barrett touching the ball further than 10 feet from the basket.

Although I would agree about the jump shooting, I completely disagree with the idea he should not touch the ball within 10 feet of the basket. He is one of 2 players on the team that can draw fouls on a drive to the basket. If he plays a smart game, those drives will open up opportunities for others.

My friend was wondering how UVA manages to be so good every year, my response is that they basically have a whole team of Jack White types.

If a coaches job is to help put his or her team in the best position to be successful, Tony Bennett does it better than anyone, and obviously it starts with their defense. They have a good chance to win every game they play because of their defensive prowess alone.

It may be boring to watch but it's super-effective.

Thanks Ben. Barrett needs to be more of a creator, which I have said for awhile. I am not trying to defend the volume/timing of mid range shots (which I may not have been clear about), but I think the offense needs his aggressive play at this point. Not that it should be at the expense of ZW, but aggressive nevertheless.

So, aside from feeding Zion, what are the better options on offence at this point? Does Tre need to get more perimeter looks (or be encourged to drive the ball more)? I agree about Cam's shooting in the way you have framed it, but that simply has not been working in the last several games. Cam has the tools for the #2 option on offence, and postseason success will probably depend on this to a great extent. Jack takes smart shots, but he really depends on people creating for him. To me, until Cam steps up, Alex is a big missing piece in a halfcourt setting.

I’d rather…
  • Cam drive out of control and get called for an offensive foul… (the faster Jack gets in the game the better)
  • Bolden get fed in the post… (he’ll only do it 2 or 3 times, get discouraged, and stop trying)
  • Javin take a 3… (see Bolden’s reason above)
  • AOC get yet another haircut… (see Bolden’s reasons above… no wait, he’ll never stop getting shitty haircuts)
  • Tre do anything he wants with the ball…
… than RJ take a midrange.

Another good Saturday tomorrow:

12:00pm ET
2 Virginia at 40 Clemson (ACCN) - A loseable game for UVA, unless they're finally the true juggernaut the numbers say they are.
39 Louisville at 6 North Carolina (ESPN) - UNC looks to further cement its stranglehold on the ACC regular season title.

2:00pm ET
1 Duke at 22 Florida State (ESPN) - Good learning loss for Duke.
9 Texas Tech at 30 Texas - (Longhorn Network) - UT is making sure no one can watch their teams on TV.

4:00pm ET
10 Kansas at 53 Baylor (ESPN) - Kansas looks to further cement its stranglehold on the Big 12 regular season title.

4:30pm ET
Colts at Chiefs (-5.5)

6:00pm ET
5 Tennessee at 21 Florida (ESPN) - Tennessee looks to further cement its stranglehold on the SEC regular season title.

8:00pm ET
13 Nevada at 57 Fresno State (ESPNU) - Nevada can drop out of tournament seeding relevance with another bad loss here.
Cowboys at Rams (-7)

10:00pm ET
4 Gonzaga at 45 San Francisco (ESPN2) - A very rare loseable game for Gonzaga, their 2nd toughest game left in the regular season. Their resume is a wasteland other than the win RJ Barrett handed them, so any bad loss will knock them out of 1-seed contention.

I was watching the end of the Baylor/Kansas game and found out that Baylor has a guy named Flo Thamba, who played like the retarded cousin of Mo Bamba.

Same asshole who said Zion's 360 dunk was "only 2 points"

This was an incredible moment. Seeing the little message in the bottom right corner saying that the Carolina game would conclude on ESPN News made me so happy.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom