Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2024-2025

How will this season end?

• Total voters
With Mitch likely moving on - retaining Stewart is critical. He offers defensive flexibility (can play 4/5), constant lob threat opponents will have to account for (punish help defenders), and it's not impossible he can add another dimension to his offence (short jumper in lane).
The real thing with Stewart is his basketball IQ / game-speed decision-making needs to improve on both ends. He can't be a major contributor on a contending team otherwise. The other pieces of his game are all there, but it's like he's overthinking where to be, esp. on offense, in ways that always leave him out-of-sync or in the wrong place.

Yeah, we've seen plenty of players improve in that regard with reps. I'm always baffled by people who think you can learn that stuff in practice. You need to be out on the floor in a situation with actual consequences. Practice can't simulate that.

I'm not saying he can't now, but I'm inferring from the coaching staff's behavior and things Jon has said that that was a part of why Stewart was outside the rotation in the first couple of months of the season.

5 - Maluach
4 - Flagg
3 - Evans
2- Foster
1- ?

6th - Stewart
7th - Kon
8th - Ngongba
9th - Harris
10th - Schutt

Although 2023/34 does not give much optimism for this, I think Jon goes at least 8 deep (8 players 15 min plus) in 2024/25. Stewart will be ready for this, Kon's versatility (and physical maturity?) is needed, and Ngongba's size (health permitting) is also required.

I could also see going 10 deep if a particular specialty skill (shooting or D) is offered by players at that point in the depth chart.

Having Proctor return would address a lot of issues...otherwise need to find at least a backup pg in the portal.

Glad they got at least one of the guards back. I will selfishly hope that McCain comes back but I know that's a super long shot. If Duke can have Proctor and one of Roach/McCain/Foster return, I feel great about things.

This is exciting. My eye test remembers Proctor playing much better when he wasn't sharing the floor with Roach. Of course I hope Roach stays, but if he doesn't, I think Proctor will excel in his role when he's obviously the guy running the team.

Proctor's best stretches of play have been pretty random. He looks great for five games and then looks awful for the next five. I'm not sure there's any connection to Roach.

As for him being the only returning guard, I think that would really emphasize his limitations. He's basically a 3 and D player at this point. I think you need one of Roach or Foster to lessen his offensive responsibility.

I expect Roach to bounce and Foster back, hopefully he can heal up and get back on the court soon! If Duke only brings back those 2 main guards I wonder who else they will try to add?!

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom