Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2024-2025

How will this season end?

• Total voters
Time to put in your predictions on who goes/stays!
Flip gone
Proctor gone
Mitchell gone
Power gone
Reeves gone

McCain back

I’m fully aware many of those young men have nowhere to go. Gone anyway.

Our front-court is loaded for next season, but the back court no one has any idea of what it might look like. Lots of guys can stay, lots can go, and we don't have coming in through recruiting.

Didn’t McCain ask Scheyer not to recruit over him when he was considering us because he thought he would be here multiple years?

All about Flagg. The other stuff is so marginal. If he’s a Zion, he’s making up for every other rotation player being 2-3 BPM worse than their high end projection by himself.

I don’t worry about Scheyer failing to maximize Flagg’s usage if he is that guy, mainly because there’s no one else that warrants Barrett-like treatment offensively. That was a weird roster for K to deal with. This next one won’t be for Scheyer. McCain would be the only one who might warrant 30% usage, and obviously having McCain is better than not.

Didn’t McCain ask Scheyer not to recruit over him when he was considering us because he thought he would be here multiple years?
When you're as good as McCain, there's no recruiting over you anyway. All of Evans, Knueppel, and Harris are taller guards and could probably slide down to the 3, but even if you consider them SGs, McCain is playing all the minutes he can handle regardless.

The ones who would be getting "recruited over" would be the freshmen if Scheyer or Flagg recruits McCain to return.

I agree that Flagg is going to take all of the oxygen next season. I don’t think it will be like Zion though, because he is white. Will be an interesting ride.

I agree that Flagg is going to take all of the oxygen next season. I don’t think it will be like Zion though, because he is white. Will be an interesting ride.
He's also not nearly the offensive talent Zion is. Who is? I don't think an offense of 50% Flagg usage would go well at all. An offense of 50% Zion usage probably leads to him breaking all kinds of records + a Duke title.

All about Flagg. The other stuff is so marginal. If he’s a Zion, he’s making up for every other rotation player being 2-3 BPM worse than their high end projection by himself.

I don’t worry about Scheyer failing to maximize Flagg’s usage if he is that guy, mainly because there’s no one else that warrants Barrett-like treatment offensively. That was a weird roster for K to deal with. This next one won’t be for Scheyer. McCain would be the only one who might warrant 30% usage, and obviously having McCain is better than not.
This is not who Flagg is anyway. I've obviously been very wrong before, including about Zion, so take that with a grain of salt.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom