Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2024-2025

How will this season end?

• Total voters
Hopes:
-Proctor to the portal
-MItchell to the portal
-Schutt to the portal
-Roach graduates or portals

-Blakes stays
-Stewart stays
-Foster stays
-McCain stays

I mean, it depends on who your shooting guards are. If they're also capable of significant ball handling, then it's okay.

Re: Flagg, I’m talking about the media circus not the player. It doesn’t really matter if he is as good as Zion or how he’s used. What matters is when he fouls a Boston College player a little too hard in a mid-January game and ESPN covers it for the next 5 days.
I think Flagg can pull it off.

But yeah, if it's Foster and a bunch of freshmen, I'm not seeing that as a great outcome. Specifically, I'm thinking of Roach or McCain being in that other spot. Roach would be the nominal "shooting guard," not the point guard in this scenario. Although the distinction isn't super meaningful in his case. McCain is a pipe dream, of course.

Hopes:
-Proctor to the portal
-MItchell to the portal
-Schutt to the portal

-Blakes stays
-Stewart stays
-Foster stays
-McCain stays
Really just Foster as our only PG? Seems super dicey.

We’re short a guard here.

I was just assessing what is on the current roster.

Regarding incoming portal options, Sam Vecenie ranks all of the players in the portal. There are two guards in his top 5- Malik Mack from Harvard and Kanaan Carlyle from Stanford. Both fall into the very narrow pool of portal options available to Scheyer. He's fortunate that considering how small is selection is, he has two top 5 guys to go after here.

I’m not worried about the frontcourt at all next year. We should be set with Flagg/Malauch/Stewart. Need to get the backcourt right to get to that elite, title-caliber level.

Can we, for the love of god, actually get some good transfers who start for us? We aint doing shit with freshman next year. Games changed. Look at that stat about the Elite 8.

I think Flagg can avoid the hate if he’s transcendent. If Zion were white, he’d probably be even more popular during his Duke season. Dunleavy avoided hate because he was an alien no basketball fan had seen very often to that point. Laettner was never going to set the NBA on fire no matter how good a college player he was. Same with Redick, all the other whites, etc.

I suspect the version of Flagg as a clear generational #1 overall pick, in the tier right below LeBron, would be widely rooted for. I also don’t think Duke will accomplish very much next season if he’s not that.

On one hand, I feel like Duke absolutely needs the last K-trained player, especially if they are going to get even younger next year. On the other hand, maybe it would be best to cut that last tie? Probably best for all of us to sleep on that one.

Hopes:
-Proctor to the portal
-MItchell to the portal
-Schutt to the portal

-Blakes stays
-Stewart stays
-Foster stays
-McCain stays

WTF is this. Why would you want Roach to leave.

There were a lot of overlapping skill sets in the back court this year. Roach is awesome, but I think Foster has a very similar game and I would prefer to see how he grows in his sophomore year with more PT and a bigger role. Obviously McCain is the guy everyone wants back. I prefer for us to go into the portal and try to upgrade the 3rd guard spot. Keep Blakes as the 4th guard that comes in and does his role.

I'm curious. Can Cooper Flagg shoot the 3? If flip had that in his arsenal, it would have been devastating to opponents

Hopes:
-Proctor to the portal
-MItchell to the portal
-Schutt to the portal

-Blakes stays
-Stewart stays
-Foster stays
-McCain stays

The likelihood of Foster or any incoming guard being better than a 5th year Roach is slim to none.

Wanting Proctor gone is also stupid.

Hopes:
-Proctor to the portal
-MItchell to the portal
-Schutt to the portal

-Blakes stays
-Stewart stays
-Foster stays
-McCain stays

There were a lot of overlapping skill sets in the back court this year. Roach is awesome, but I think Foster has a very similar game and I would prefer to see how he grows in his sophomore year with more PT and a bigger role. Obviously McCain is the guy everyone wants back. I prefer for us to go into the portal and try to upgrade the 3rd guard spot. Keep Blakes as the 4th guard that comes in and does his role.

I don’t understand how you could’ve watched college basketball, absorbed the current landscape of the sport, think Roach is “awesome” and then decide we’re better off without this awesome 5th year senior alongside the young frontcourt.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom