Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Grayson Allen

WorldStar HipHop said:
Topher said:
I can shoot hoops therefore being a professional basketball player is easy. All I have to do is practice a lot, play some AAU games, get recruited, play some college, get drafted and boom. Shit, 60 people get drafted EVERY YEAR!

But I dont want to do that cuz my current job is nice.

Yeah man...

writing blog posts or recruiting posts on sites = writing chapters (of novels) on blogs = playing ball

totally

Im glad youve finally understood why your post was moronic

Topher said:
WorldStar HipHop said:
Topher said:
I can shoot hoops therefore being a professional basketball player is easy. All I have to do is practice a lot, play some AAU games, get recruited, play some college, get drafted and boom. Shit, 60 people get drafted EVERY YEAR!

But I dont want to do that cuz my current job is nice.

Yeah man...

writing blog posts or recruiting posts on sites = writing chapters (of novels) on blogs = playing ball

totally

I'm glad that you helped me realize my post was moronic.

You're welcome.

Btw, I should add that Telep faces no accountability for a poor/wrong/incomplete evaluation. There are only a few well-known branded "sources" of recruiting info. And just lol @ his vague descriptions. They're formulaic.
Is there someone out there (like deadspin or grantland) that's just dying to take Telep to task?
(Btw, how hyprocritical was Telep when he called out other recruiting experts on a tweet last year (or maybe 2 years ago)? It's like he's oblivious to the very game that he helped create and is now a major player in. Or maybe it's jealousy now that 247Sports is rapidly gaining steam.)

The blogger-turned-novelist also faces no real consequences for poorly written stuff. EIther people like the writer's stuff or they don't.
-If the writer gains a following, the writer can make it into a career.
-If the writer just flounders in anonymity, so what?

A team fucks up a draft or a team and there are financial consequences for the team, executives, fans, cities, venues, players.

---

And I'm still waiting on someone to explain to me what Telep does that requires extraordinary skill and/or a bunch of degrees. Something. Just show me something.

"WHAT FOREST?? THERES A FUCKING TREE IN THE WAY!!!!"

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Of course "Grayson Allen" would be the only truly terrible thread in DF history.
A Devin Booker thread would have solved the North Korea problem.

Topher said:
SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Of course "Grayson Allen" would be the only truly terrible thread in DF history.
A Devin Booker thread would have solved the North Korea problem.

That would all be well and good, but we really need to land a couple stud DTs!!!!!!!

Topher said:
KevinStrickland said:
Topher said:
KevinStrickland said:
Topher said:
Having met and worked with Telep, I can tell you he has earned every damn thing hes gotten. You dont know 1/15th the work and effort he gives to his job.

He's a chode.
The esteemed Kevin Strickland weighs in with his unparalleled insight.

lol, you're kind of a gaping vagina sometimes.

Nah, I think Telep is the best in the business (unlike the absurd notion that Bilas is the best in his profession) but he's a tddesque mod. God he used to drive me fucking nuts on the main scout board with his arbitrary deletions and shit.

1) Most of the time, Im trolling you because you have some sort of aversion to being remotely serious.
2) Id rather be a gaping vagina because no one likes a prude
3) Telep is definitely a shitty moderator

I have no energy to argue. George Jones just died.

I know a lot of kids can throw down these days, but that is still pretty impressive for a 6'3-6'4 high school kid.

It is nice to have an early commitment to the program. There seems to be a lot of concern that Booker is the bigger catch and with Allen's commitment Duke has lost out on Booker. This may be an issue, but I like Allen for a couple of reasons (based on what I have read here, at TDD and elsewhere):

- seems to be a versatile player based on his ability to handle
- apparently a strong finisher at the rim
- if he is not a lights-out shooter, Duke will still have Matt Jones and possibly Sheed on the wings in 2014

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom