Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Bball Alumni

rome8180 said:
Watch Simmons' interview with Louis C.K. if you don't believe me.

I decided to watch this after reading your post. Why do they bleep "holy shit" but not "Tiger Woods fucked some chick"?

Duke Hoops Nation @DukeHoopsNation 17m

Seth Curry has received summer league invites, but it's unlikely he'll be ready to play since he's still recovering from April shin surgery.

Another Duke player who never gets a shot at the league due to untimely injury.

Now that I'm in the right thread, Mason just had an incredible coast to coast spin move for the dunk in transition. Might make SportsCenter.

Yeah Mason is looking pretty damn good in this Summer league game. He turned around and had a nice block on Drummond after the spin dunk.

Apparently Miles had a great game, so go figure. Maybe he thinks it's a practice.

Just realized we can unofficially close the NBA draft book on the Kyrie team of 2011, assuming none of Hairston, Thornton or Dawkins get drafted.

1st Round Picks
Irving
Smith
Miles
Mason

2nd Round Picks
Singler
Kelly

Am I forgetting anyone? 4 1sts and 2 2nds failing to get out of the S16 is disappointing. You could argue that 4 of the 6 picks being white basically means they are not legit NBA players, but that's racist.

I'm going to say that Thornton will play in the league. It's completely irrational, but I had a dream about it before he started at Duke, so I'm going to go with it.

Kinda funny that the second round picks will probably get more PT than the latter three first round picks combined this year.

Topher said:
Kinda funny that the second round picks will probably get more PT than the latter three first round picks combined this year.

Detractors would say that it's the product of being a 4 year player under the K system.

I bought the Summer League pass out of boredom. I have watched all of Mason's game and half of Miles's.

Maybe it's just the year in the league, but Miles has such better fundamentals than Mason. Boxes out better, plays better post defense, has a better form on his jumpshot, has better release on the hook, seals off his man better, and has a better understanding of the pick and roll. Mason is more aggressive and has more swagger. I think if Miles had Mason's confidence he could be a real impact guy. I will say that Mason has better hands.

I really love those guys. I'm really appreciating it now that they're out of the program. They legitimately seem like very smart, nice guys that I would want to have a conversation with.

I always thought Miles was more polished, just less talented and athletic than Mason. I remember as far back as 2010 when Miles could step out and knock down a fifteen footer, or at least look competent trying to do so.

rome8180 said:
I bought the Summer League pass out of boredom. I have watched all of Mason's game and half of Miles's.

Maybe it's just the year in the league, but Miles has such better fundamentals than Mason. Boxes out better, plays better post defense, has a better form on his jumpshot, has better release on the hook, seals off his man better, and has a better understanding of the pick and roll. Mason is more aggressive and has more swagger. I think if Miles had Mason's confidence he could be a real impact guy. I will say that Mason has better hands.

I really love those guys. I'm really appreciating it now that they're out of the program. They legitimately seem like very smart, nice guys that I would want to have a conversation with.

Well stated. All of the Plumlee kids seem to be likable guys. Mason will be missed next year...he had some ups and downs, but a solid senior year overall.

He just realizes that our Nike shoes are responsible for every foot injury ever.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom