Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Grayson Allen

Justin Barney @JustinBarneyTU 8h

Grayson Allen finished Nike Global shooting 23-38 from FG, 11-20 from 3-point arc. Averaged 16 ppg in 4 games at tourney in DC.

Not sure how he didn't make the All-Tournament team, but whatever.

That last dunk dropped my jaw. Wasn't expecting that at all.

I can't wait until he plays limited minutes his first two years and everyone wants to replace some clearly more skilled player with him in the starting lineup because "he's so athletic that I think he could play great defense" blah blah blah.

He doesn't have great lateral mobility, though. He's white.

Nah bro. It's not because he's white that I'm criticizing his lateral mobility. It's because I've seen him at that tournament. You know the one. It's called hoopmixtape. Really short tournament. Like one minutes and forty-five seconds. Good soundtrack though.

rome8180 said:
Nah bro. It's not because he's white that I'm criticizing his lateral mobility. It's because I've seen him at that tournament. You know the one. It's called hoopmixtape. Really short tournament. Like one minutes and forty-five seconds. Good soundtrack though.

Yo that tournament ALWAYS has a killer soundtrack

I know it was just one AAU game, but Allen looked pretty "meh" today. OTOH the UNC guards, Berry and Jackson, looked great. Hopefully Roy still won't know how to use guards/wings by then. Jackson's favorite shot is a floater, so TDF would hate him on Duke's team. And I continue to drool over Winslow. He's like a slightly less good MKG.

I'm a little curious how Winslow would fit into a K offense. I mean, they were sagging off him like the Spurs were sagging off Lebron. Is he a good enough shooter to space the floor? I feel like it's pretty close.

He's not a good shooter at all, from what I've seen. Probably better off at a school that uses players like that.

I didn't see much of the first half. He must have gotten most of his points then (14). I did see him hit a three, sink two late FTs, play some good trapping defense, and make a great pass on the break.

My impression continues that he won't play big minutes until his junior and senior years, but that he'll be a solid guy for us. I expect Matt Jones to be better overall.

I sure hope Jones can be patient though next season, as the backcourt is loaded; I am excited to see MJ develop with the program.

Grayson - I like the (potential) versatility he can bring to the Devils in 2014.

I'm really curious to see if K tries to convert Allen to a point guard. Long term, as in 2015-18, it makes sense if we get OAD Tyus Jones.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom