Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] at UNC / at GT / VT / at Clemson

I think we'd have the inside track for the last #1 seed had we beaten St. John's. Would be neck and neck with Xavier.

Of course, had we beaten St. John's, we might still be in overplay M2M and lost last night instead.

Each of Duke's remaining opponents is either (a) at least competent at shooting 3s or (b) great at offensive rebounding, with UNC being both. This is should be good for seeing if the zone can keep getting better and hold up when it needs to.

Unfortunately, none of the remaining opponents play anything resembling a suffocating perimeter m2m defense like South Carolina did last season, judging by steal/turnover rates and 3pt attempt rates. So the Allen full-time PG experiment probably won't be tested by the worst case scenario before the NCAAT. Louisville comes the closest in the entire ACC.

Since we are moving to zone primarily, I expect us to go 4-1 in the final 5 games, with the loss being @ VT. I don't expect us to play zone vs UNC, but we will win at home.

I don't know if this was talked about in chat during the game, but I wonder what O'Connell did to tick off K to go from starting and playing half the game at Georgia Tech to nothing but garbage time the next game.

I don't know if this was talked about in chat during the game, but I wonder what O'Connell did to tick off K to go from starting and playing half the game at Georgia Tech to nothing but garbage time the next game.
I saw a tweet somewhere that said Duval/O’Connell/Goldwire were very late to the layup line last night. Those same 3 missed an exhibition game due to academics. Might still be an issue? Total speculation on my part.

Already without Graham, Clemson should be without Mitchell Sunday, right?

I am now trying to imagine a Black Mirror/Duke Basketball crossover episode featuring Duval. Maybe it takes place in an alternate reality where the 3pt shot was never invented. I'll get to work on the fan fic.

The Chaney-Creighton continuum

If he plays, Allen will trip him. Allen will then regain his mojo leading us to a title that the NCAA will then vacate because they will retroactively determine that Allen should have been suspended for the rest of the season for his pattern of gross misconduct.

When they had Grantham, this was actually a legit top 15 team. They've been able to still play at a pretty high level without him, mainly because their guys have gotten red hot from 3. If Mitchell isn't able to go, they have still have three good players with the rest of the team being a pretty big question mark:

- Marcquise Reed (Jr.) is their 2 guard, but he's really a combo. He would presumably move to the point in Mitchell's absence as it seems that's what happens when Mitchell is out of the regular lineup. Quick, all around good player, solid shooter. He actually scored 22 points on Duke as a freshman at Robert Morris in the first round of the 2015 NCAAT. Duke gave up 4 20+ point games in the six games of the 2015 tournament- to him, another Robert Morris guy, Denzel Valentine and Frank Kaminsky.

- Gabe DeVoe (Sr) is a sharpshooter. 43.4% on almost 6 attempts per game. Red hot from 3 lately, not a ton else to his game.

- Elijah Thomas (Jr) doesn't do much on offense but is #20 nationally in block rate and #1 in the ACC in conference only block rate. Also one of the best defensive rebounders in the country, and #2 in the ACC. He is obviously a huge reason why they have a top 15 defense. 4-star recruit that transferred from Texas A&M.

With Grantham and Mitchell, they started the season with one of the oldest/most experienced starting 5s in college basketball, especially considering two of their juniors are transfers. I'm hoping Mitchell sits and the whole flow of their offense suffers.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom