Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2018-19] Ryerson, Toronto, McGill (at Canada)

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
In his final season at Duke, RJ Barrett finally gets his homecoming games. Discuss them here.

August 15, 2018, 7 p.m. ET — vs. Ryerson University — Hershey Centre, Mississauga, Ontario

August 17, 2018, 6 p.m. ET — vs. University of Toronto — Hershey Centre

August 19, 2018, 3 p.m. ET — vs. McGill University — Place Bell, Laval, Quebec

Ryerson is the best of the bunch. Coach Rana has built a solid program. He was also the coach of the Canadian U-19 gold medal winning-team RJ was on. http://www.ryersonrams.ca/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22300&ATCLID=204950586

University of Toronto & McGill have very good law schools.

Is ESPN carrying this? Apparently Canadian networks will be televising the games.

I'm attending tonight's game with family and Friday's game with friends.

Last edited:
Wish they were playing Carleton. Would have made for a very interesting game

Indeed Chib

A lot of head down and drive to the rim action. Not as much ball movement as I'd like

Zion was fun. Also hustled a ton which was great to see.

I thought Jack White looked pretty good too and could actually play this year

Hard to take away much else other than Bolden sucked.

I was surprised how much Goldwire struggled, which is odd to say, but I though he had a good chance to show he can take care of the ball, play pressure D, etc. He did not do any of those things

Wish they were playing Carleton. Would have made for a very interesting game

I think so. Coach Smart made some comments in the press this week where he suggested US college teams may be ducking them.

Carleton has had success in these exhibition games and has a great program, but I call bullshit that any of the blue blood programs are ducking them.

There are questions with this team, specifically relating to perimeter shooting and man to man defense, but when Jones and Reddish return, I have no idea how teams are going to keep us out of the paint. Virginia will just because they are Virginia, but just watching Barrett and Zion they can essentially get in there whenever they want, and they aren't going in out of control either. Jones is great at penetrating and setting others up, his IQ is ridiculous, and Reddish is a really good talent also.

Just based on seeing Barrett and Zion, and knowing they have two really good talents coming into support them, this team is going to get into the paint at will. We will definitely see more zone defense this season just at an attempt to slow us down. Seeing how good we will be penetrating, I'm less worried about the perimeter shooting as we should be getting a ton of in rhythm open threes.

Duke scored 86 points, played for 40 minutes, played without Tre Jones, Cameron Reddish, and Alex O'Connell, and Marques Bolden didn't do a single fucking thing to get into a 10 minute highlight tape of the game. Wake up Boulder.

I expect they will feed Bolden the ball routinely on Friday night. He did not bring much of a spark lastnight.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom