Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2019-20] #1 Duke vs California (New York) (2K Empire Classic)

Final margin?

• Cal wins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Because @ZackM is failing us.

aa-ron.jpg

Cal has one interesting player named Matt Bradley. If his numbers so far this season were to translate to the entire season, he would probably be the most valuable offensive player in the country.

Bradley is shooting 60% from 2, 52% from 3, 89% FT. His FT attempt rate is 63%, his 3PT attempt rate is 51%. These shooting numbers are basically what you would strive to create in a lab for the ideal guard in today's game.

Cal's freshman point guard, Joel Brown, is unbelievably terrible. His assist rate is 11% and his turnover rate is 37%. There is no reason for Tre Jones to be guarding Brown instead of Bradley.

He also shot 47% from three last year, so the numbers are at least somewhat real. The huge jump has come in 2pt percentage. Last year, he was abysmal inside the arc. This year, great.

My research tells me that Bradley was the #73 prospect in his class, so not totally ridiculous that he is now in the NPOY picture. I thought Mark Fox was decent at Georgia before he was canned for a less talented coach. He seems to have created his own version of Jack White (the good kind) out of nowhere in Grant Anticevich, who suddenly is grabbing 23% of defensive boards and hitting 54% from 3. This game will come down to who has the better Aussie.

Seems like our game will start at midnight

I was planning to nap through the first game but that never happened.

Should probably lose tonight to avoid another embarrassing loss to Georgetown

That was the last time. Cal holds 2-1 advantage. 1 was Kidd in 1993. Not sure the other

Dan Dakich got suspended from his local ESPN radio station, but we have to hear him nationally

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom