Game Thread [2019-20] #1 Duke vs Winthrop

Stanley had a good enough start to the season that I doubt there’s any thought to him coming back. Probably goes late 1st round with the torn knee.

You guys really think he can land a first round pick with his limited resumé and that knee? He had a few good games for sure but I don’t really buy it

Reactions: rome8180
1st round NCAAT rotation:

Jones (40)
Moore (36) / Baker (4)
Hurt (40)
White (40)
Carey (24) / DeLaurier (4) / Robinson (12)

Hope it’s a 5 seed or worse, because that team isn’t beating anyone. The less embarrassing the loss, the better.

You guys really think he can land a first round pick with his limited resumé and that knee? He had a few good games for sure but I don’t really buy it

I don’t think it’s unrealistic to peg him 25 spots below Darius Garland, especially given there are like 3 good NBA prospects playing in college this season.

Good news! Our 20-21 team is going to be loaded with mediocre players. 13 deep with below average talent.

The difference is that Garland had a lot of draft buzz coming into college. Stanley had zero buzz. That's a lot of inertia to overcome without playing.

Stanley showed off an amazingly improved shot from everywhere on the court, along with elite athleticism, before his career ended. Garland showed nothing.

This is going to be a long season. If you offered me a guarantee of Duke finishing with the 2007 team's resume, I'd probably take it at this point. Glad I don't have much emotional investment in this year.

I also think this will be one of the worst drafts ever. The top 5 players on kPOY are Markus Howard, Jordan Nwora, Tyler Bey (???), Cole Anthony and Mamadi Diakite.

Garland showed 48% three point shooting over his first four games, which was a continuation of an unbelievable spring he'd had at camps. He also had a profile that is way more appealing to scouts as a lead ballhandler/off-the-dribble shooter.

I know you're only arguing for Stanley as a fringe first round pick (which I'm not saying is impossible). But I haven't heard a lot of buzz about him moving up draft boards, and it seems less likely to happen now. Maybe he'll either come back and impress in our first round loss of the NIT or grade out well at combines.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil