Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2019-20] #10 Duke at #11 Michigan State (ACC/B1G Challenge)

Man what a whiny fucking press conference from Izzo. He was whining the whole time about the referees. Apparently he's upset that the referees allow Carey to jump through contact for lay-ups. And then he thinks Duke played their best game of the year and shot the ball great.

I watched his pre-game press conference and he was asked about Stanley being hurt. He basically scoffed at it and essentially said, "He's a good player but Duke has guys to replace him. They have a lot of talented guys. We have Langford injured. The Baker kid just shot the ball well against Winthrop and I'm sure he'll be ready". Baker torches MSU and Izzo is up at the mic post-game dumbfounded and bitching about how "Baker made everything tonight". So frustrating listening to whiny shit like that.

That Izzo presser was fantastic @rome8180

At one point he sounded like every old TDD poster when Duke loses, “They shot out of their minds” or whatever.

I did love the “Duke Mystique” comments. “Let’s get something straight. There is no mystique. They’ve beaten our ass.... There’s no mystique. It’s happened. It’s FACT.”

It also sounded like he was going to start whining about how often they’ve played Duke in Cameron, “We’ve played a lot down there. We’ve only played here twice.” But then he remembered, “In fact, the worst two losses we’ve had have been here.”

Lolol

That Izzo presser was fantastic @rome8180

At one point he sounded like every old TDD poster when Duke loses, “They shot out of their minds” or whatever.

I did love the “Duke Mystique” comments. “Let’s get something straight. There is no mystique. They’ve beaten our ass.... There’s no mystique. It’s happened. It’s FACT.”

It also sounded like he was going to start whining about how often they’ve played Duke in Cameron, “We’ve played a lot down there. We’ve only played here twice.” But then he remembered, “In fact, the worst two losses we’ve had have been here.”

Lolol

How many times have they played at Cameron? Two times? Maybe 3? We mostly play them on a neutral floor.

He's always been a curmudgeonous whiny bitch, honestly. Almost as much as Bo Ryan. But he's gotten a huge pass for it in a way K would be excoriated for. And the media still sees him as this lovable loser wunderkind even though that entire reputation was based on his 2000s performance and the last decade he's had several teams underachieve massively that were preseason top 5.

If you read SpartanTailgate his fans are just as bad. They are amomg the most arrogant and whiny in the whole CBB fandom in a way even UK, UNC and Maryland fans aren't

This will always remain the perfect photo describing the relationship between the two:

f34279b4-a762-465a-9e66-0996339f773e-IZZOCOACHK.jpg

How many times have they played at Cameron? Two times? Maybe 3? We mostly play them on a neutral floor.
Someone with a Duke media guide might give the true answer, but off the top of my head, Izzo and MSU have visited Cameron 3 times - one more than Duke has played at MSU.

*those are the seasons, games were all played in Nov/Dec of the previous year as part of the Challenge

He's always been a curmudgeonous whiny bitch, honestly. Almost as much as Bo Ryan. But he's gotten a huge pass for it in a way K would be excoriated for. And the media still sees him as this lovable loser wunderkind even though that entire reputation was based on his 2000s performance and the last decade he's had several teams underachieve massively that were preseason top 5.

If you read SpartanTailgate his fans are just as bad. They are amomg the most arrogant and whiny in the whole CBB fandom in a way even UK, UNC and Maryland fans aren't
Serious question: has K ever whined about the refs like that in a press conference? I seriously can't remember him making a single complaint about the refs publicly, ever. Maybe a single passing comment about Carter's "blocking foul" vs. Kansas or something.

Serious question: has K ever whined about the refs like that in a press conference? I seriously can't remember him making a single complaint about the refs publicly, ever. Maybe a single passing comment about Carter's "blocking foul" vs. Kansas or something.
I can't remember if he's ever complained about an entire game's worth of calls like Izzo, but I remember him saying that the refs not calling a foul in the final seconds of the game was "amazing" about 100 times in one sitting after a loss to Syracuse.

Looking at the quotes from that press conference, it seems like he said it four times quickly and then moved on. Would have to see the video to know for sure. But it doesn't look like he kept bringing it up over and over for 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Also, I forgot that we lost three games in a row by five points or fewer. Ouch.

IIRC he complained a little after the 2016 game at Louisville, but he might have been just sticking up for Grayson.

I don’t even remember K complaining about the 2002 IU missed foul at the end of that one.

Apparently, K was a whiny bitch in 2016.

My memory is he said he was okay with Grayson getting the tech in the UL game.

I've never heard him specifically blast the refs, but he'll do it in a very sarcastic way. He did it after the UCONN loss in 2004 and there was another time versus Syracuse recently where he did it.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom