Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2019-20] #10 Duke at Virginia Tech

What will happen in this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey all, I’m on work travel and I decided not to watch the game tonight

Still won't believe it until we get to february. Been let down by K one too many times.

And if you accept that Duke is better without Carey, then you have to accept that no giant is a positive player in basketball anymore.

But we fucking desperately need to sign another 7-footer to back up Mark Williams, because playing Coleman or Brakefield or Jalen Johnson at the 5 is an abomination and they'll get bullied by all the other giant 5s.

Got the game taped on YTTV. Think I’ll just watch the first few minutes to get a feel for how it went

dukeboy911 said:
biggest surprise of the game? 10-10 from the line. Can't remember the last time we were perfect for a game. (Thread reply)
Because it rarely happens. Min 10 attempts, Duke has hit 100% of their FT 3 times: South Carolina (14-14, 1961), VT (29-29, 1966), Davidson (24-24, 1978)

And yet somehow we won easily. I remember that game the announcers said Steve Fisher had the flu. He looked like a corpse on the sideline. I've rewatched that game about five times and I've wondered if their whole team wasn't deathly sick. I remember their energy being pathetic.

In the post-game, K mentioned that VT was well prepared to defend Duke's sets, so at some point Duke scrapped that and went to no-set-plays motion offense the whole rest of the game.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom