Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2019-20] #2 Duke at Miami

Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I realize this Miami team would lose to IMG this year, but it's been a long, long time when I've seen a Duke team score this easily in ACC play.

This is reminiscent of late 90's, early aughts Duke teams. Smothering defense and scoring within the first 7 seconds of the shot clock.

Hell, these guys might rival the Laettner teams.

If you could trade one freshman off this team for one freshman off of last years team in hopes of winning Zion a title, who do you trade?

I just hope this isn't a situation like the 2008 team that started 10-0 in the ACC before turning to shit. There are reasons to believe it's different though. That team was way too small. And I'm not sure they ever got to the Kenpom heights this one did.

I just hope this isn't a situation like the 2008 team that started 10-0 in the ACC before turning to shit. There are reasons to believe it's different though. That team was way too small. And I'm not sure they ever got to the Kenpom heights this one did.
Yeah, I don’t see any glaring holes or weaknesses with this group.

The only thing that fixes last year is K playing Zion at the 5 and running everything through him.

Zion getting even more chances to kick out to dreamy open shooters like RJ, Jack, Tre, and Cam still doesn't sound that ideal.

I don’t know if that team ever got to #1, but they did end the season with an AdjEM of 26.40 after losing 5 of its last 11. I bet they were up close to AdjEM = 30 after the 22-1 start.

The only thing that fixes last year is K playing Zion at the 5 and running everything through him.

Zion getting even more chances to kick out to dreamy open shooters like RJ, Jack, Tre, and Cam still doesn't sound that ideal.
Who is stopping Zion on the block?

Zion's man is woefully overmatched, but having all four of his teammates help off their guys still causes some fatigue, turnovers and even a few misses.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom