Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2019 NCAA Tournament

Depends on how TT shoots 3s. UVA will let them launch. If Culver and Mooney can make their dribble pull-up 3s, they’ll win. TT will actually get out and defend 3s a little.

I really, really, really do not want UVA - and more importantly UVA fans - to get a win here. Their fanbase is already borderline insufferable and resentful of Duke, and having them be "validated" after some major horseshoe-up-the-ass moments against an already weaker path would just piss me off to no end.

Not to mention the media is already looking to absolve Bennet of the historic flop against UMBC last year, and I'd hate for these fuckers to use a title this year as a shield to pretend it wasn't a big deal.

The absolutely only team I would have rooted against in a title game with UVA was MSU, so at least that nightmare isn't on the table.

I am rooting for TTU but I don’t feel as strongly as this. Probably because I don’t really know any UVA fans and I’m just relieved that it’s not one of the teams that would be a devastating for me (mainly UNC to be honest).

One possible benefit of UVA winning: you would think it makes Jerome less likely to come back with a title under his belt. Was projected in the low 30s before Tre, the pg in front of him in most places, decided to come back. I assume Hunter is gone.

I really think when those top 25s come out tomorrow we are gonna see the two Michigan schools and UVA in the top band, probably followed by Duke (especially if people assume Hurt to Duke). I think UVA losing two of their big three probably moves Duke into the conversation for preseason #3.

Seems nuts to think that next year’s team could start the season ranked higher than this year’s team did, but I agree it’s not out of the question.

Yeah, I don't have any animosity toward UVA besides finding their play style insufferable. I don't think I've ever encountered a UVA fan.

I think that UVA is certainly a more deserving member of the club than Texas Tech, plus it's the perfect launching pad for Tony Bennett to leave for the NBA. With Tre and Zion coming back next year, why should we care that much?

Just keep having the same feeling from 5 years ago that it's just so painfully obvious that the best teams aren't represented in this thing tonight. Feels like a waste of time.

So, Guy didn’t trip over his own feet. He tipped on Diakite.

Those 2 foul shots, that no announcer questioned, and the missed fouls by Guy on the ball out of bounds were it.

I wondered if that’s what had happened. One of the Tech defenders pointed back at Diakite immediately as if to say Diakite tripped Guy, but we never got a replay.

Yeah I give no fucks that UVA won the title. I’m just annoyed that they won the last 2 games with a missed call, a controversial yet right call that a lot of times goes uncalled then the title game an absolutely horrendous call with Guy tripping on Diakite and then the missed foul calls on guy before the ball went off Moretti.

Yeah I give no fucks that UVA won the title. I’m just annoyed that they won the last 2 games with a missed call, a controversial yet right call that a lot of times goes uncalled then the title game an absolutely horrendous call with Guy tripping on Diakite and then the missed foul calls on guy before the ball went off Moretti.
Don't forget the fluke ending of the Purdue game.

Don't forget the fluke ending of the Purdue game.
I wasn’t really pissed at that one. They survived a guy who was absolutely unconscious and was hitting shots that were probably 8/10 and 9/10 on the difficulty scale. They earned that win. I don’t feel like they earned these last 2 games. If Duke got the calls UVA did, people would bring out pitch forks and threaten to burn down Minneapolis

Despite the missed calls TT still should have won. Up 3 with 20 sec left, they helped on Ty Jerome’s drive and left Hunter wide open for the tying 3. Ridiculously stupid but probably reactionary when coached that way all season. I bet UVA’s defense would have done the exact same thing.

In the end, it seemed like UVA had players who were better at driving and kicking out for the open shot. TT's looks were way harder.

Imagine if UNC had won the title, winning three straight games like this, with horrific blown calls helping them win the last two. Our heads would've collectively exploded. UNC's 2017 run was nowhere NEAR as lucky as this. Fuck Virginia. I hope they lose to a 16 seed again next year.

That would have been infuriating because it was UNC. It's only mildly annoying to me in this case because wgaf about UVA.

ETA: I am also still confused about where you guys are encountering UVA fans.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom