Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2020-21] Duke at Notre Dame

What’s your prediction, if this game is played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
anyways. See you guys later. Zack you were actually nice. Its a shame 90% of content is ur idiot friends. Fuck you travis. In the future, refrain from actually calling each other by ur first names

anyways. See you guys later. Zack you were actually nice. Its a shame 90% of content is ur idiot friends. Fuck you travis. In the future, refrain from actually calling each other by ur first names
See you for the next game. You will be back because you like it here. You just haven't admitted it yet.

Didn't watch the game live. Checked the boxscore after the game, saw 75-65 final. Watching it now and noticed Steward makes the free throw with 4:38 left to put us up 75-56.

Can't wait to watch our offense these final four and a half minutes.

edit - And now, 44 seconds of game time after that, ESPN adjusts the scoreboard to 73-56. So we at least we score two points in those final four and a half minutes (though maybe ESPN will adjust it again so I can see more Duke points!).

Impressive performance from the Blue Devils.

-Full game recap
-Things I liked and didn't like
-Player of the game

K will just play 3 guards more. It would defy 40 years of evidence for him to start trusting freshmen bigs/wings who aren't top 25 recruits.
Gonna chalk this one up to being old and predictable like K.

However, he did play Brake at the 4 and as @SeanMayTriedToEatMe pointed out, he played the 5 best players for a large part of the game.

Really enjoyed watching the young guys stretch their wings last night.

Mark Williams got burn, but not as much as I would have liked.

I will say that I don't think your statements about K have really held in recent years. Not only has he gone away from small ball, he's been playing two bigs consistently for the last three years. I suppose if we insert the caveat of "bigs that aren't top 25 recruits" then you're right. But my point is that small ball no longer seems to be the default.

Mark Williams got burn, but not as much as I would have liked.

I will say that I don't think your statements about K have really held in recent years. Not only has he gone away from small ball, he's been playing two bigs consistently for the last three years. I suppose if we insert the caveat of "bigs that aren't top 25 recruits" then you're right. But my point is that small ball no longer seems to be the default.
That's why I inserted the caveat. So, the Bagley/Carter class I can see your point, but from reading the post-mortem on that class, it sounds like K wasn't expecting Bagley and the Bagley camp reached out about the reclass and kind of delivered him to Duke on a silver platter. K had to play Carter and Bagley together.

On a completely unrelated note, is the worst 3pt defense team we've ever had? Not sure if the stats back that up, but man we give up SO many open looks.

On a completely unrelated note, is the worst 3pt defense team we've ever had? Not sure if the stats back that up, but man we give up SO many open looks.
Only been 5 games of course and this stat is always pretty noisy, but this would be the first time in the KP era that our opponents shoot better than the D1 average from three. If you're able to hold your opponents to below average shooting numbers for 20 years, it seems like it can't be a complete coincidence.

We also aren't doing a great job of limiting three-point attempts, we're 85th in the country in that stat (last year we were 3rd).

Yeah, what I notice is that opponents swing the ball a couple times -- nothing fancy -- and have a wide open three.

Our rim defense was actually good last night, but that may have been a matchup thing.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom