Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2020-21] Gardner-Webb at #9 Duke

What’s your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Coach_K_mask_71.jpg

Wednesday, November 25, 8:00pm ET, ACC Network.

As millions of Americans exercise their freedom to travel across the nation, eat buffet-style meals and get into screaming matches about politics with extended family, Duke will be kicking off a unique college basketball season that has a moderate chance of being completed. This game will be played in a near-empty Cameron Indoor Stadium, which will not sound much quieter than a night-before-Thanksgiving game against a bad opponent would normally sound.

Duke comes in at #3 in the Kenpom preseason ratings, #9 in the preseason AP poll and #8 in the preseason USA Today/Coaches poll. One has to wonder whether there is a “silent Duke voter” phenomenon among media members and coaches, afraid of the public backlash that comes with being a Duke supporter.

According to sources, Gardner–Webb University is a private, Christian university in Boiling Springs, North Carolina. Gardner-Webb is one of only three private Doctoral/Professional Universities (along with Duke and Wake Forest) in North Carolina. The basketball team plays in the Big South. It is #248 in the Kenpom preseason ratings.

Last season they were 3rd place in the Big South, and they lost to UNC 61-77 in their fourth game of the year.

Their head coach is Tim Craft.

Last edited:
I'm pretty annoyed they haven't shown a full scrimmage yet. Fans didn't get a CTC scrimmage. Why not just show one of the others? You already filmed it (as evidenced by the highlights). UK and Gonzaga both showed their scrimmages. I am sure other programs did as well.

I'm pretty annoyed they haven't shown a full scrimmage yet. Fans didn't get a CTC scrimmage. Why not just show one of the others? You already filmed it (as evidenced by the highlights). UK and Gonzaga both showed their scrimmages. I am sure other programs did as well.

They need to show it since it's probably going to be the only Duke men's basketball that will be played for the remainder of 2020.
In fact, they might as well just stream weekly full practice videos. It's all we've got.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom