Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] Duke at Boston College

What’s your prediction, if this game is played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
screen-shot-2014-10-27-at-4-17-43-pm.png

Saturday, February 12, 5pm ET, ACC Network

In a season of baffling losses for Duke, this would top them all. It would be a truly monumental disaster.

Duke should be favored by 13-15 points.

I don't love traveling to Boston for a 6th game in 15 days. BC is probably too bad for it to matter, but this game has high potential for a 6:45PM Matt Norlander tweet hectoring everyone to turn on ACC Network.

BC is currently 158 on Kenpom. This would be our worst loss in that era. As of now it is to 138 Miami last year.

BC's atmosphere isn't exactly intimidating either. I know we've had a loss and a close win there in recent years, but mostly we've rolled. It looks like we're 9-2 there dating back to 2002 (the first road game we played there, per basketball-reference). The two losses are the inexplicable 2018 loss, and the 2009 loss back when they were actually good. We are 16-1 against them, road and home, since that 2009 loss.

They are just about as invisible as it gets for a major-conference team. Most of their games are relegated to the dregs of the ACC's TV package – ACCNX and RSNs and the like.

I'm not entirely convinced they actually play every game that appears on their schedule. Some of their "results" might just be scores generated by simulators. I feel like I'm reasonably knowledgable about the goings-on in the ACC, but I scrolled through their schedule and I have absolutely no recollection/awareness of maybe 60 percent of the stuff on there.

BC's atmosphere isn't exactly intimidating either. I know we've had a loss and a close win there in recent years, but mostly we've rolled. It looks like we're 9-2 there dating back to 2002 (the first road game we played there, per basketball-reference). The two losses are the inexplicable 2018 loss, and the 2009 loss back when they were actually good. We are 16-1 against them, road and home, since that 2009 loss.
BC had two NBA guards in 2018, so it makes sense that they were able to carve up our defense. IIRC that game was pivotal in getting K to switch to that dominant zone.

BC had two NBA guards in 2018, so it makes sense that they were able to carve up our defense. IIRC that game was pivotal in getting K to switch to that dominant zone.

Oh no. That game was in early December. It took him about two more months to do so.

Yeah, it was. He fouled away from the ball, like a moron, though.

I went to the game up there in 2016, but I think it was either on New Year's Day or maybe the day after. Either way, the fans were nonexistent. It's always one of those things where if Duke seizes the game early on, nobody in the building will think anything of it, but if Duke lets the home team hang around, the student section will start to believe and it'll seem "raucous".

Doesn't look like I could watch this live even if I wanted to. Not showing up for me on YouTubeTV. I'm going to see a movie anyway. I'm guessing I'll be able to watch later through the WatchESPN app. That's happened with some other blacked out games

Hey, guess who isn’t ready to play after 4 long road trips in 14 days?

Does no one teach left-handed layups anymore? Our guys constantly get blocked trying to scoop right-handed layups on the left side.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom