Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] Duke at Syracuse

What’s your prediction, if this game is played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
https%3A%2F%2Finsidetheloudhouse.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1189027150-850x560.jpeg

Saturday, February 26, 6pm ET, ESPN
Carrier Dome

This will likely be Coach K’s final matchup against the greatest college basketball coach of all time, in this storied ACC rivalry.

Duke should be favored by around 6 points.

I only realized this tonight, but this will be Cuse’s fourth game in seven days as they had a COVID-makeup contest against GT on Monday, and went to OT against them. I’ve worried about this one for a while, but we should win if they don’t go crazy from three.

I think we win another slog where they make a crowd-fueled run in the second half and make it a game. Would sure be nice to have a blowout against this stupidly overmatched team, though.

I will say (and I hope I don’t jinx the shit outta him, though he can’t really get any worse I guess), Syracuse and their zone is almost the perfect team to help Paolo get outta his funk and see some shots go in. They just have SO much room in the middle of that zone and that seems to me to be the spot he has a lot of success (especially the way they let the middle man play the that offensive player 1v1). I would think he’ll have room to get it, face up a weaker defender, and either get something relatively easy to drop, kick back out to shooters, or something easy to Williams coming from the short corner.

Paolo does have a higher assist rate than anyone we've used as a 4 or 5 since 2015 (that's just how far back I was willing to look)*. Zion would be second.

*Jalen Johnson was higher than anyone, but only played 8 games, and also last year didn't happen.

I remember he had a lot of in rhythm mid range jumpers against them last time. They sagged off him quite a bit.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom