Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] at Clemson

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
HUnter-Tyson-clemson-1024x682.jpg

Saturday, January 15, 5:00pm ET, ACCN
Littlejohn Coliseum

Duke will be looking for its first good true road win of the season when it plays a solid Clemson team.

Clemson ideally wants every game to be a 3-point contest. They’re great at shooting (top 15 in the country in both 3pt% and ft%) and they force opponents to beat them with 3s (sub-300 in limiting 3pa, sub-100 in 3pt% allowed, top 25 in 2pt% allowed). It does not seem likely that this Duke team would beat Clemson at Clemson’s game.

Hunter Tyson is Clemson’s best player and is somehow not a transfer. He is old, though, and he’s making the ultra-rare 5th year of eligibility leap. After a bad-to-mediocre first four seasons, his numbers have been excellent all-around this season. He’s a stretch 4 or smallball 5 who does everything well. Duke’s big ball lineups will be hard pressed to do anything but get blown out if Tyson is playing the 5 for most of the game.

Never seen poll results like this for a Duke game on this board. Duke will likely be favored by 1-2 points, based on Sagarin.

I wonder if it even crosses Scheyer's mind to just TRY a game of Proctor-Grandison-Whitehead-Mitchell-Flip as the primary lineup. Too radically small to risk, I suppose, but I sure would like to know what that would look like.

Should be a bloodbath. That was my prediction for this game prior to Pitt. I'm not going to let one stellar half of basketball, at home, against a Pitt team rated 65th on Kenpom lead me into false optimism.

By the way, I know most of you don't listen to the podcast but I'm on an incredible run of predictions this year. I'm usually terrible at predictions. Predicted we'd lose in the finals of the PK85 to a team not named Gonzaga. Predicted we'd beat Iowa. Predicted we'd lose at Wake and State. Predicted we'd beat Pitt, and not only that, but that we'd cover the Kenpom spread.

Yeah, I have no confidence in this team finding themselves on the road. I expect them to lose every road game the rest of the way save maybe GTech and Syracuse.

Plus this is a horrible matchup for Duke. They pack it in and dare people to beat them from the outside, and additionally they are very good at defensive rebounding.

Berry's insight that we should try to win every possession to win the game was great though

Clemson playing in Chapel Hill this year, so we know when their first loss is coming

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom