Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] at NC State

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
DSC06675.png

Wednesday, January 4, 7:00pm ET, ACCN
PNC Arena

NC State has 3 good players. Unsurprisingly, 2 are oldhead transfers, which continues the theme of the season. All 3 are perimeter players, so this will be a clash of Duke’s big ball versus Keatts’ guard-dominated PnR-heavy (I assume) offense. This would be the most unexpected win of the season to date, IMO.

Terquavion Smith, SO, 6-1, #99 247composite
Offense runs through him, for better or for worse. 29% usage but only 107 efficiency. Assist rate is way up from last season but shooting has not improved. Still somewhat of a chucker.

Jarkel Joiner, 6th year SR, 6-1
Transfer from Ole Miss, after Cal State Bakersfield. Very strong track record of great FT shooting and low turnovers but limited by mediocre 3pt shooting. Getting to the FT line at a good clip this season.

Casey Morsell, 4th year SR, 6-3
Transfer from Virginia. Breakout season as a shooter. 48% 3PT, 86% FT. That’s essentially his entire role in the offense.

I'm not going to be able to watch live, so I'll go ahead get my postgame post out of the way:

Roach can't keep having these 3-14 nights. We just don't have a chance when he's this inefficient on this much volume.

Flip looked like a mix of freshman Marshall Plumlee/Jason Biggs from American Pie in front of that road crowd. Need him to get through the freshman wall and become some semblance of who he was in November.

Lively is just so bad about bringing his arms down. He did some good things, but 4 shooting fouls in 12 minutes pretty much offset them, and prevented him from getting into any rhythm.

Mitchell looked rattled, and completely clueless on defense. He had a couple nice drives, but gave up like five easy baskets on mental lapses.

Grandison and Proctor just aren't that useful when they go a combined 0-7 from three like that.

Young did what he could, but tonight really showed his limitations covering up mistakes when guys are getting to the rim at will. Can't have four TOs from your C either.

I give Blakes credit for being the only other guy who didn't play like a bitch, but he tried to do to much. Those iso creation attempts were ugly.

Whitehead needs to stop pulling up from 18 feet, and it's discouraging that he keeps just losing the ball when he drives. Looked like Reddish out there.

Scheyer can DIAF because blah blah whatever.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom