Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] at North Carolina

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^^^^ Sounds pretty definitive he's gone, then

@uncy12 it's just Davis and Puff coming back among the upperclassmen?
I don’t know. Leaky participated in Senior Night last year.
Leaky is in his 5th year currently. Pretty sure he can't come back.

Hes saying that Bacot’s participation in senior night doesn’t preclude him returning as a fifth year senior using his Covid eligibility. The IC guys seem to think that’s very unlikely but who knows, especially with UNC and in the NIL era.

Fwiw I was reading into the phrase “so thankful for Tar Heel nation’s support throughout my career” more than actually participating in senior night. Reads strongly like a coda to me

^^^^ Sounds pretty definitive he's gone, then

@uncy12 it's just Davis and Puff coming back among the upperclassmen?
I don’t know. Leaky participated in Senior Night last year.
Leaky is in his 5th year currently. Pretty sure he can't come back.

Hes saying that Bacot’s participation in senior night doesn’t preclude him returning as a fifth year senior using his Covid eligibility. The IC guys seem to think that’s very unlikely but who knows, especially with UNC and in the NIL era.
Ah, I see. I misunderstood the exchange because I misread it as DSon asking if Leaky was coming back. I see he said Puff and Davis. That feels accurate.

I assume they’ll start two walk ons alongside Bacot, Black and Nance. And be up like 7-2 on us when they sub out.
The thing I'm most worried about is Bacot getting in foul trouble. Whereas that always sunk them last year, this year they can just move Nance to the 5. With Black hitting threes currently, that's a very difficult lineup to guard. Nance is way better suited to being a stretch 5 than a stretch 4. Also, Bacot is playing like shit lately. I assume it will be a Bacot injury that will fully unlock this lineup and propel them to a title.

Reactions: aiw
Who did Proctor guard in the first game? Feel like it was Love but can’t remember. Either way I expect Roach to get torched. Hopefully he can hit some big shots.

Rumor is Bacot is ready to move on. Can’t really blame him and honestly Bacot hasn’t really correlated to winning despite individual stats. Funny story I actually met Jay Bilas today. I was in the Carolina basketball museum and they were getting ready to film 94 feet with Pete Nance and a walk-on senior. Really nice guy.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom