Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] Countdown to Craziness

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
PHO-09Mar26-155873.jpg

Friday, October 21, 7pm ET, ACCNX
Cameron Indoor Stadium

I tried to watch, but the app was buffering too much. The parts that I saw were ugly.

Not going to read too much into it because we're missing two starters. I was disappointed in what I saw out of Grandison and Mitchell though.

Was really impressed by Reeves though. I kind of question whether he actually redshirts.

I feel like we should just accept that the B/W game has no (maybe inverse) predictive value for individual players at this point. That said, here are my conclusive takeaways:

-Reeves is OAD and a better version of Lively, metatarsals included.

-I have a feeling I'll like Flip more than he deserves this year, as I enjoy his combo of size and stuff he can do, but may make enough immature/low IQ mistakes to be unplayable in terms of actually making a positive impact on winning. I predict lots of "why is Reeves not getting Kyle's minutes again?" posts.

-I appreciated that we actually used a decent number of high PNRs, and I feel like the defense actually looked pretty good. That may be just projecting my deepest desires + hearing it suggested that they were working on it more than usual in practice.

Now that I've had a chance to watch the full thing, I generally agree with everything @Pantone287 said.

I want to add that Proctor was on another level than anyone else out there. He has a NBA feel and handle. That in-and-out dribble allows him to probe the defense so easily. I'm not sure how many assists he finished with, but he would have 3-4 more if his team could have hit shots. He was slinging skip passes to to the corner that were right on the money.

Kyle's defense looks good around the rim. It was when he had to guard on the perimeter that he made mistakes. He fouled two 3pt shooters on bad closeouts. Having to play the 4 wasn't doing him any favors. He's a 5, at least defensively.

In general, our rim defense is solid. There were lots of missed bunnies that were due to strong rim contests.

It's hard for me to understand what Lively could possibly do to make him ranked 80 spots higher than Reeves or whatever it is.

Last edited:
That was a celebratory Scheyer-face reaction, btw. I kind of hate that the main Scheyer emoji we have makes it look like you're mocking the person's post.

I'm pretty damn high on our backcourt, tbh. Blakes looks good enough to start at Georgia Tech. If we consider Whitehead a backcourt player (to me he's a 2/3), then our backcourt should be our strength. It's funny because immediately after last season ended I thought our frontcourt would be our strength and that our backcourt would really struggle.

I'm a big Blakes fan, too. I still think he's a SG/SF, and can guard anyone at those positions, and drive on a number of them too. But he's not really a PG-level ball-handler, which is fine.

Yeah, I disagree with that. I definitely see him as a point guard. And I like what I've seen out his handle so far this offseason. He's getting into the lane pretty easily, especially in transition.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom