Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] Fayetteville State (Exhibition)

Scheyer mentioned the need to tighten up rebounding. Good to see him acknowledge that.
He was definitely pissed about it when they showed him on the sidelines. It happened after a possession where we played volleyball with it for 20 seconds instead of grabbing the ball.

Did we break Schutt's shot somehow? Based on scrimmages, I hadn't seen a prettier shot since Andre.

He looked very lost and panicky on defense, too.
His defense was hilariously bad. He checked into the game and was immediately guarding Grandison's man for no reason while also trying to guard the corner. He seemed to be calling for the switch with Grandison, who ignored him multiple times.

I think he was trying to play off his man so he could help on the drive while also being ready to close out to the corner. But his positioning was so wrong. He was basically right on top of Grandison and 15 feet from his own man. I have no idea what he was trying to communicate to Grandison.

Scheyer addressed this - Jaden's man called him a "bitch", so he became frightened, and was tearfully trying to switch with Grandison. Grandison was swatting him away because he kept just blubbering "can we traaade" instead of saying "switch". Normal early season freshman adjustments to college ball, but he should be fine.

Question for the X's and O's guys:

Do you think those two late shot clock plays that resulted in Proctor makes were set plays, or do you think they were ad-libbed? I mean, obviously Scheyer didn't call a timeout and tell them what to run. But I'm wondering if there are a series of options they have at the end of the shot clock. I'm so used to seeing one of our "elite" OAD freshman pound the ball before launching a contested midrange shot with a 20% chance of going in. I think both plays involved Proctor and Flip. One was that give-and-go, which was the play of the game. The other involved a pass to Kyle in the high post and a Grandison screen, I believe. That one ended up with Proctor burying a top-of-the-key three.

Whether it was instinctual or they were pulling from a bank of options, it impressed me that they were able to decide what to run and run it that quickly and effectively with the shot clock running down.

The give and go just looked like a brilliant individual play by Proctor to me, off an iso. It was a great reflex to notice his pumpfake got the defender off balance, and to use Kyle + a great cut to get his dribble back, but not something you could predictably manufacture. Can't remember the other one you mentioned though.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom