Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] Virginia Tech

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
223529f4492c8fa9f8d384b3f95a1125

Saturday, February 25, 8:00pm ET, ESPN
Cameron Indoor Stadium

There is no real reason for Duke to lose this game.

Duke hasn’t swept the home schedule since 2014. That, and other accomplishments of the 2014 team, are still very much in play.

Duke hasn’t swept the home schedule since 2014. That, and other accomplishments of the 2014 team, are still very much in play.
We would have to get to the s16 to lose to a 15 seed this year, I think., and frankly I would take it.

Would be far and away the worst team to sweep Duke since I started watching. Right now it’s 2021 Louisville which barely missed the tournament. VT isn’t even on the bubble.
I feel like any stat that includes 2021 should just have a giant asterisk beside it.

It is interesting to think about what that team could have been if K hadn't been an idiot and taken so long to trust Mark Williams. Of course, then we don't get sophomore Mark. So I'm glad it played out the way it did.

I can see the reasoning for it, but I personally don’t like to asterisk 2021 as everyone else had to deal with unique conditions that year too, and many did so far better than Duke/K. His attitude toward that season was terrible.
Oh, I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't saying K gets a pass or that our circumstances were unique. It's just that it's such an outlier season for a guy who averaged like 28 wins a year that I tend to discount it.

The saddest part about 2021 was the complete waste of an all-time shooting season from Matt Hurt. He tends to get forgotten given how bad the team was, but he could've been our Brady Manek in a different year.
Yeah, I mean, if you just have Mark Williams protecting the rim instead of trying to play Hurt at center so much, that team is probably not 79th defensively and we remember Matt more fondly. Instead, he's remembered as much for his lack of physicality as he is for his shooting.

And actually, I was surprised when I saw they were only 79th defensively. I think once Mark started to play at the end of the year, that number climbed up a bit. I seem to remember us being sub-100 at some point.

UNC's up to -4.5 now? Kind of wild, I wonder what's going on there. Virginia's efficiency margin is a lot worse than their poll ranking, but not by that much.

Clemson is destroying NCSU so far, if Clemson wins this game, then Duke basically can't finish higher than 5th, even if they win out. (It would require Duke to win out and Clemson to lose at home to ND).

Last edited:
The relative success they have enjoyed this year has been a Terquavion Smith fueled mirage. They’ll revert back to shit next year, and Keatts will be fired after all.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom