Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] at Arkansas

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Scotty-Thurman-032212-GETTY-FTR.jpg

Wednesday, November 29, 9:15pm ET, ESPN
Bud Walton Arena, Fayetteville, AR

Kenpom: #50 overall, #37 offense, #57 defense

This projects as Duke’s 3rd toughest game left on the schedule, only behind @UNC and @Miami.

Arkansas is the classic foul-happy team that can beat a much more talented team on any given day by warping the way the game is officiated. They foul so much and draw so many fouls that if you don’t change the way you defend to match their physicality, you won’t have a chance.

They shoot poorly from everywhere. Defensively, they protect the rim and rebound. They’ve had some bad luck on 3pt% allowed, which is artificially suppressing their good but not great defensive numbers - this seems due for positive regression against Duke.

The five players who get the most minutes:

PG El Ellis - 6-3 junior transfer from Louisville
Turnover prone and mediocre shooter except from the line, where he does good damage. Shoots a lot of FTs for a guard and hit 81% last season.

SG Davonte Davis - 6-4 senior
Good rebounder for his position. Very bad offensive player in every way, so I assume he’s in there for defense.

SF Khalif Battle - 6-5 5th year senior transfer from Temple
Easily their best scorer from the perimeter. Great shooter. Started taking many more 3s last season, and that has carried over. Draws fouls. 50/40/90 potential this season.

PF Tramon Mark - 6-6 4th year junior transfer from Houston
Another mediocre shooter and offensive player, likely relied on mainly for defense.

C Trevon Brazile - 6-10 3rd year sophomore transfer from Missouri
A big test for Mitchell and/or Filipowski. Rapidly improving 3pt range and FT stroke. Does the dirty work of rebounding and protecting the rim. Teammates don’t get him the ball enough.

The bad news is Duke will probably get into some foul trouble. The potential good news is this would let us see whether Sean Stewart has the mental makeup to excel against a good, ultra-physical team in a hostile environment.

Last edited:
Though Southern Illinois will be the most embarrassing loss in NCAA history

Glad I followed my instinct to never watch Duke games, so I turned down multiple offers of tickets to this one.

Line moving down to 4.5 overnight suggests that Tramon Mark, their star player, is playing. Currently questionable.

This is a loss

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom