Player Amile Jefferson

THIS IS NOT A FOUL. "It's just basketball"

torontoduke said:
Chances of him being able to practice in between games probably slim to none. I hope I am wrong, of course.

The short turnaround to the Pack game is a little worrisome. Hopefully he will be alright.

I agree with you, but I'm not even sure if the team will practice much with a 47-hour turnaround. Maybe just film, walkthroughs, shootaround.

Capel said in the post game interview that they wouldn't practice today, just rest and "treatment". I assume they'll watch some State video and talk about what to do and not much more than that. He said they played back-to-back days in Connecticut with a lot fewer players, and he's not concerned about that.

I still say Beejay steps on Amile's bad foot. Or maybe even his good one.

I feel bad he came back for this. Plus he clearly isn't himself. This saddens me the most

One of the more puzzling Capel coaching decisions tonight was playing Amile so many minutes when he's clearly not close to 100%. Scored 5 points and collected 5 rebounds in 28 minutes (along with consistently poor defense on and off the ball.)

Moreover, Bolden and Giles only played 18 and 14 minutes respectively. Which is unfortunate, because this was the first time this season where we would've likely been better off if one of them were on the court late in the 2nd half instead of Amile. I know it's hard to quantify his leadership/intangibles in late game high-leverage situations, but I saw nothing from him in his current state tonight that suggested that he had a high value over his replacement this game.

Part of my optimism for the rematch is that he will play much better than that while Luke Maye will not play nearly that well.

He'll have to play vs Hicks next time, and Hicks looked pretty frustrated on the bench last night. Hopefully between now and then, Giles and Bolden will improve enough to be playable and positive. (Now I'm just talking crazy)

His stats line was OK vs. Clemson, but he still is showing signs of injury. Getting pushed around more often than he was earlier in this season.

^yeah. When matched up against someone like Thomas or Meeks, ball denial is AJ's only chance to defend. If they have a clean catch in the post and can back in/flip the ball over the shoulder, Amile does not have much of a chance. He is giving up 40-60 pounds to these guys.

I will try to add to the SMTTEM discussion re: Amile. I believe AJ'S reduced effectiveness is mainly due to injury not so much from superior competition in the ACC.

At least two of those fouls were utter bullshit. I hate it because he started strong too. Just a bad luck game.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil