Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone interested in a duke-forum death pool?

DurhamSon

Legend
Rules are pretty simple. You pick something like 15-30 famous people (from sports, arts, industry, entertainment, politics, etc) that you predict have the highest likelihood of dying in the calendar year of 2013. We could even have a draft where we take turns picking. Or just let anyone use anyone they want. Or, my favorite, have a list of 50 "top" names to choose from with exclusive rights to, and then fill out the rest of the lists with whoever we want. That's what i'm leaning towards. That way we all don't have a bunch of the same names like Lindsay Lohan.

Scoring system I like gives you (100 - age of death) points for every pick you get correct. Etc, so 13 points if an 87 year old you predicted dies, but 60 if a 40 year old you predicted dies.

Definition of "famous" will be hardest to define. Let's just say, they have to have a wikipedia page with at minimum 1000 words.

Tell me if you're interested and i'll get things going.

Man, I thought this would be a thread about betting on the end of duke-forum.com. My immediate reaction was, "man, this takes that whole 'we're going to lose! Game's over.' thing to a new level."

Yes.

What do you think about doing a monthly list of ten names? That will keep the thread alive even while the people are too.

JohaadDBC said:
Yes.

What do you think about doing a monthly list of ten names? That will keep the thread alive even while the people are too.

I dunno. This wasn't meant to be like, super active. Just something that would be updated with news that someone on a list died, and score updates. Never heard it done any other way.

I just remember it done monthly on a radio show I used to listen to. Not a big deal either way.

I thought it was going to be a death pool for each other, a sort of "Who will follow McBobs and KRS into the great beyond?" Oh well.

Allright, so

Me
deepdarkblue
johaad
bfactor
uncy12
rollins
burymencameron
ck86
aiw

I'll leave signup open over the weekend and then get things going

Chat users