Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2014-2015

I sort of see Marshall as the exact opposite, other than he's also a good in-game coach. A lot people say he's both odd and a major dick, and I think the pressure/spotlight of a job like Texas wouldn't suit him well.

Marshall is a better coach, but he is a really quirky guy. There is a reason he wasn't all that sought after during the extended miracle he wrought at Winthrop. I know people who know him from his days at Randolph-Macon and U of R. From what I understand he just wouldn't fit at a big-time program with all the sideshow crap that is involved. I think he knows this and will be at WSU for good. Shaka OTOH is maybe even better with the extraneous stuff than he is at coaching, and he is a pretty good coach.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

Sounds like the Harrisons are getting out while they still have perceived potential. Late 2nd round is better than nothing.

Impressed that 20 year olds understand the concept of sunk costs so well.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Late second round is, in many cases, not better than nothing. It gives you no guaranteed deal and somewhat slim chances to make one team, whereas the better undrafted guys have no guaranteed deal and a chance for them and their agent to pick between several different training camp invites based on roster/fit, etc.

2) I still don't see why someone would draft a Harrison twin. The better one plays 25 minutes, averages 1.4 assists and 0.9 turnovers, and shoots 39% from the field and 32% from the perimeter.

DrKlahn said:
SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

Sounds like the Harrisons are getting out while they still have perceived potential. Late 2nd round is better than nothing.

Impressed that 20 year olds understand the concept of sunk costs so well.

The 'sunk cost' class wasn't offered as part of the AFAM curriculum. Bullock and JMM must have been moonlighting at the B-school. Rogues.

childress22 said:
1) Late second round is, in many cases, not better than nothing. It gives you no guaranteed deal and somewhat slim chances to make one team, whereas the better undrafted guys have no guaranteed deal and a chance for them and their agent to pick between several different training camp invites based on roster/fit, etc.

2) I still don't see why someone would draft a Harrison twin. The better one plays 25 minutes, averages 1.4 assists and 0.9 turnovers, and shoots 39% from the field and 32% from the perimeter.

I don't even understand why Calipari plays the Harrison twins as much as he does. The only explanation is that he wants to be seen as the coach who gives all his players minutes, and it turns out his team is so talented that he can even sandbag a little and it doesn't matter.

ChibCU said:
Who did Shaka "master recruit" to VCU?

I guess I jumped the gun on "master recruiter" but Texas seems to recruit itself especially to Texans and I think Smart is a much better coach than Barnes (time will tell) which in turn will make recruiting easier for him.

Smart to Texas will probably also make Virginia Tech better. If Bennett hadn't gotten UVa on track, VCU was going to be the dominant hoops program in Virginia, and VCU doesn't even field a football team.

Stones, there is no contest between living and playing in Richmond for Smart, and living and playing in Blacksburg for Buzz. Buzz loses that comparison on every level. Richmond is one of the most accessible cities in Virginia--confluence of I-85, I-95, I-64, an international airport, and the train station has trains that go south to Miami and north to New York, east to Norfolk and southwest all the way to New Orleans.

Blacksburg is in the middle of nowhere. Their good teams, of which there have been very few in the last 40 years, have relied very heavily on local talent (Dell Curry) from nearby Roanoke. And the really good kids from Roanoke (JJ Redick, George Lynch, etc) generally go to Duke, UNC and UVa. Smart was killing VPI.

Calipari:
Has 7-8 future NBA players. Wins SEC regular season and tournament, a conference with zero other top 20 teams and 4 other NCAA Tournament teams. Finishes with 4 wins and 1 loss against top 20 teams. Does not win national title.

Bo Ryan:
Has 2-3 future NBA players. Wins Big Ten regular season and tournament, a conference with 3 other top 20 teams and 6 other NCAA Tournament teams. Finishes with 8 wins and 1 loss against top 20 teams. Wins national title.

NCOY goes to Calipari.

Looks like Avery Johnson may be the next Alabama choice. Weird.

God, what an incredible jackass. Imagine how hated K would be if he said shit like that. He's already the most hated man in sports, despite going out of his way to say the right thing.

I'm curious to know how this season changed college basketball. Can anyone enlighten me?

Farmer doesn't get it. This season was not only about the historic 38-0 start, but it showed that All-Americans can be selfless and servant leaders that care about others more than themselves.

Everyone one is in agreement that Dean Smith created the idea of teamwork and Calipari is showing that togetherness can exist in the modern game. Dean is basically MLK Jr. and Cal is Rev. Al Sharpton. Both equally important.

Servant leaders may be the douchiest phrase I've heard in a while.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom