Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2022-2023

Inveigle

All American
Way-Too-Early Top 25s
College basketball rankings: Early top 25 for 2022-23 | Sports Illustrated
Arkansas and Kentucky lead our first look at next year, but there’s plenty of NCAA roster movement to come.

Arkansas Razorbacks are No. 1 in Way-Too-Early Top 25 college basketball rankings for 2022-23 | ESPN
Arkansas hasn't won a national title or reached a Final Four in 25-plus years. The Razorbacks are ESPN's early favorite to win the 2023 national championship.

College basketball rankings: UCLA is No. 1 over No. 2 UNC in never-too-early preseason 2022-23 Top 25 And 1 | CBSSports.com
The Bruins are the pick for the top team to start the 2022-23 season ahead of No. 2 North Carolina

Jeff Goodman’s Way-Too-Early Preseason Top 25 for 2022-23 | Stadium
It's already that time of the year.

UCLA, Kentucky, Arkansas lead Seth Davis’ way-too-early top 25 for 2022-23 | The Athletic
Defending national champion Kansas and young but extremely talented Duke also check into Davis' top 10.

These become more and more worthless every year as of the first week of April given the one year contracts that every college basketball player is essentially on.

All 5 of these have Duke and UNC in the Top 10. All 5 of these have no other ACC teams in the Top 25.

IMO the preseason rankings actually hurt the sport because a lot of how the good teams are perceived is based on those rankings which carries a lot of weight into the season even if teams are overrated early on.

And consider the sources. Jeff Goodman is rarely ever right about anything. And I guess Musselman is the newest media darling pitching Arkansas or a return of UCLA. Seth Davis is awful.

Stretch big man, anyone?

I’m not a particular fan of getting transfers from non power conference schools. The three most impactful transfers this year, Manek, Remy Martin and Oscar from UK came from Oklahoma, Arizona State, and West Virginia. Wheeler at Kentucky from Georgia, Nembhard at Gonzaga from Florida. Rasir Bolton on Zags came from Iowa State, etc.

I would only be alright with taking a non power 5 transfer if they’d be willing to wait their turn for a year before growing into a more prominent role. With the power 5 guys you’re a guarantee they have experience against very good competition and won’t have any issues translating their game

If Moore and Keels both leave, I'm hoping we have some handshake deal with a top-tier guard who isn't otherwise going to enter the portal. I know that isn't officially legal, but who gives a shit. Seems like we should be able to pick and choose.

If Moore and Keels both leave, I'm hoping we have some handshake deal with a top-tier guard who isn't otherwise going to enter the portal. I know that isn't officially legal, but who gives a shit. Seems like we should be able to pick and choose.
That’s how it works in football at least. Fuck rules. Get the kids in.

Word is Tshiebwe is going to return to UK. I think that definitely only happens with NIL. Going forward the key to success maybe identifying players that can perform in college but are lacking in something that makes then not particularly valued as NBA prospects. The NIL payments will be good enough to make them stay through their eligibility.

Last edited:
This is very interesting about NIL. Anyone who thought it would level the playing field is wrong. Kentucky and UNC can reclaim their place by loading up on B+/B players, either by recruiting them directly or through the portal. A lineup of 5 guys like that who are 22-23 years old is generally going to beat an OAD team of 18 year olds.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom