Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2023-2024

How does this make money, as in enough to sustain a living for these people? Especially in a world where basically everything but a few media properties are hemorrhaging cash and tanking in ratings. Who is thinking to themselves “it’s midnight but I really want to know what Jeff Goodman and John Henson think about this game”, and how does that create a viable revenue stream?

They're now down three starters from last year's team, arguably their best three too. Has Wake brought in anyone so far to replace these outgoing scorers? If Forbes doesn't hit another portal home run, he's very likely out on his ass after the choke job he pulled last season missing the tourney.

Carr is a very good player on paper btw. Wish it could be us stealing him from them

Last edited:

They're now down three starters from last year's team, arguably their best three too. Has Wake brought in anyone so far to replace these outgoing scorers? If Forbes doesn't hit another portal home run, he's very likely out on his ass after the choke job he pulled last season missing the tourney.

Carr is a very good player on paper btw. Wish it could be us stealing him from them

Is Sallis for sure gone? I know he maintained college eligibility. He's not super high on draft boards for some reason. I think he's being really undervalued by NBA guys.

I think Wake might just be the posterboy for the type of middle class P5 program that is going to be gutted by this new NIL/Portal world, long term. I get the feeling their NIL budget is just never going to be that of the big boys. So now they are losing guys they actually brought in from a midmajor and developed, even though they were starters, to both the NBA and other programs, because of that. You're in the position of having to bring in at least two portal players who aren't studs currently, but hopefully become that, or you have no shot at the tourney. Completely untenable.

They'd be better off pivoting to recruiting 4* and 3* players and try to develop them over three years, hoping that a loyalty factor at least kicks in. "If she cheated with you, she'll cheat on you" logic

OGBoards thinks it's more likely he's gone than comes back, fwiw.

They are despondent on there today. We could have it so much worse.

I still can't believe they missed the tourney the last two years. Looking at their Pomeroy roster stats you'd think they should have been a 4-6 seed at worst with all the nationally ranking player statistics they have

OGBoards thinks it's more likely he's gone than comes back, fwiw.

They are despondent on there today. We could have it so much worse.

I still can't believe they missed the tourney the last two years. Looking at their Pomeroy roster stats you'd think they should have been a 4-6 seed at worst with all the nationally ranking player statistics they have

They finished 17 spots higher than State on KP and lost one fewer game. State won the ACC and made the Final Four, the Deacs lost in the second round of the NIT.

They are going to be the AAA minor leagues of college basketball, same will happen to the Northwesterns, Vanderbilts etc.

I hope the Curse of Kyle Filipowski lasts as long as the Curse of the Bambino.

Last edited:
I just wonder for how long donors will have the appetite for bidding wars. IU apparently offered Ballo 1.2 million. Sure Ballo would be huge for them but is it worth it if they get knocked out in the round of 32?

I just wonder for how long donors will have the appetite for bidding wars. IU apparently offered Ballo 1.2 million. Sure Ballo would be huge for them but is it worth it if they get knocked out in the round of 32?

Did you all think after the bags you were going to have to pay out just to possibly keep RJ and Ingram, that there'd be enough left over to attract a stud portal center? lolololol

Probably not. Only chances for UNC at this moment are Aidoo and Wolf. I could only imagine what HI and RJ would cost if they are indeed back

Probably not. Only chances for UNC at this moment are Aidoo and Wolf. I could only imagine what HI and RJ would cost if they are indeed back
I spoke to Brendan Marks of The Athletic about this today. The figure he tossed out for RJ was right around Ballo's offer. He might literally have said $1.2 million, in fact.

Sorry, that sounds like name-dropping. And I guess it is. But I figure as someone who covers multiple college teams, he's plugged into some of this stuff.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom